* Dillon Leacock is our Week 15 NPOTW winner; Matt Bogdan is our Week 1 Summer Season nominee
- - -
This week, the race for National Performer of the Week came down to the wire.
And in the end, it was two North Carolina athletes -- in fact, two teammates from the same high school -- who were vying for the top honor.
In the end, however, there can only be one winner.
This time, the final votes swayed in Dillon Leacock's favor as he secured the Week 15 prize with just over 1,200 votes.
The Millbrook (NC) High School senior -- who revealed he's headed to the University of Houston in the fall this weekend in Eugene -- won the recognition by virtue of his North Carolina Class 4A Championship performance in the 300mH -- a time of 36.53 seconds -- and his runner-up finish in the 110mH.
His teammate, Caleb Stephens, followed with 1,199 votes.
Leacock went on this weekend to finish first in the 400mH at The Outdoor Nationals in Eugene.
A big congrats goes out to Dillon on the honor.
Now let's move on to Week 1 of the club season's summer National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance poll. Since the poll is going up on Tuesday following the holiday, we will keep it open until 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at firstname.lastname@example.org and Olivia Ekpone at email@example.com to notify us of your contact. (Note: If you are nominated in more than one week and win, you can only win one pair of shoes.)
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 25 Outdoor Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our NPOTW presented by New Balance girls poll.
NPOTW Club Season Track and Field Winners:
NPOTW Outdoor Boys Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Aiden Paul, West Albany (OR)
- Week 2 Winner: Domonique McKenzie, Pine View (UT)
- Week 3 Winner: Samuel Austin, Oviedo (FL)
- Week 4 Winner: Diallo Good, Cedar Park (TX)
- Week 5 Winner: Zack Truitt, Landmark Christian (GA)
- Week 6 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 7 Winner: Miles Ally, Nashville Martin Luther King
- Week 8 Winner: Hobbs Kessler, Ann Arbor (MI)
- Week 9 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 10 Winner: Joshua Truchon, West Allis Hale (WI)
- Week 11 Winner: Nick Plant, Canfield (OH)
- Week 12 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 13 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 14 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 15 Winner: Dillon Leacock, Millbrook (NC)
NPOTW Indoor Boys Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Michael Bourne, Cosby (VA)
- Week 2 Winner: Jekovan Rhetta, Parker (AL)
- Week 3 Winner: Leonard Mustari, Dunbar (FL)
- Week 4 Winner: Luke Schroeder, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 5 Winner: Chris Hilton, Zachary (LA)
- Week 6 Winner: Marcus Reilly, Northbridge (MA)
- Week 7 Winner: Austin Klinger, West Jordan (UT)
- Week 8 Winner: Jaylen Barringer, Woodbridge Freedom (VA)
- Week 9 Winner: Julian Collins, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)
- Week 10 Winner: Cooper Michaud, Classical (RI)
- Week 11 Winner: Niko Schultz, Plainfield South (IL)
- Week 12 Winner: Jalan Rivers, Summer Creek (TX)
- Week 13 Winner: Korbin Martino, Canal Winchester (OH)