* Jerry Phillippe (left) and Aiden Paul are both Week 1 nominees for the first installment of the outdoor NPOTW
- - -
Patrez Thomas' season debut in the 400 meter hurdles last weekend was all he could have asked for.
The Shiloh (GA) senior ran a new personal record of 55.02 seconds, netting a new U.S. No. 1.
Not only that, but Thomas raced at the distance for the first time in two seasons.
For his efforts, the Georgia teenager was rewarded with National Peformer of the Week honors, grabbing the Week 14 award with over 76-percent of the vote.
Thomas grabbed over 550 votes, surging past nominees like Bryce Foster, Robert Whitmarsh and Nick Bentsen.
A big congrats goes out to Thomas on the honor.
Now let's move on to a new season, and a new list of NPOTW recognition: We're transitioning to Week 1 of our Outdoor National Performer of the Week.
We'll have seven candidates in this week's poll. With the indoor season still coming to a close, we will continue to nominate a few athletes with performances fitting of the recognition.
Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW Indoor Boys Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Michael Bourne, Cosby (VA)
- Week 2 Winner: Jekovan Rhetta, Parker (AL)
- Week 3 Winner: Leonard Mustari, Dunbar (FL)
- Week 4 Winner: Luke Schroeder, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 5 Winner: Chris Hilton, Zachary (LA)
- Week 6 Winner: Marcus Reilly, Northbridge (MA)
- Week 7 Winner: Austin Klinger, West Jordan (UT)
- Week 8 Winner: Jaylen Barringer, Woodbridge Freedom (VA)
- Week 9 Winner: Julian Collins, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)
- Week 10 Winner: Cooper Michaud, Classical (RI)
- Week 11 Winner: Niko Schultz, Plainfield South (IL)
- Week 12 Winner: Jalan Rivers, Summer Creek (TX)
- Week 13 Winner: Korbin Martino, Canal Winchester (OH)