* Angola's Izaiah Steury is a nominee for Week 6 of the NPOTW
Photo Credit: Kent Graham/Indiana Milesplit
- - -
A wild week of voting culminated with over 10,000 tallies being cast for National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance for Week 5.
It came down to three athletes receiving over 2,000 votes apiece.
There was Cheyenne Mountain's Kaden Levings, the winner of the Liberty Bell Invite; Shawnee Mission North's Micah Blomker, the recently-minted Kansas all-time leader for 5K; and Severna Park's James Glebocki, who led his squad to a win at PTXC12.2.
In the end, though, Levings ran away with it by the Friday deadline, closing with 4,472 votes and over 41-percent of the tallies.
Levings posted a career-best time of 15:00.00 for 5K as he secured the biggest win of his career at the Liberty Bell Invite.
A big congrats goes out to all the nominees from this past week.
Now let's move on to Week 6 of the NPOTW XC poll.
Make sure you vote for whom you think should win this week's honor. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll. Better yet, each boy and girl winner will win a pair of New Balance shoes.
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at firstname.lastname@example.org and Olivia Ekpone at email@example.com to notify us of your contact.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. You can also vote in our National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Cross Country Season Winner:
- Week 1 Winner: Abe Eckman, Jasper (IN)
- Week 2 Winner: Evan Kraus, Erie (CO)
- Week 3 Winner: Kevin Sanchez, Austin Vandegrift (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Kevin Sanchez, Austin Vandegrift (TX)
- Week 5 Winner: Kaden Levings, Cheyenne Mountain (CO)
NPOTW Club Season Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Matt Bogdan, Colts Neck (NJ)
- Week 2 Winner: Amanuel Putz, La Crosse (WI)
- Week 3 Winner: Carlos Brown, Swift Athletics (CA)
- Week 4 Winner: Omar Thomas, Fort Lauderdale Track Club (FL)
NPOTW Outdoor Boys Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Aiden Paul, West Albany (OR)
- Week 2 Winner: Domonique McKenzie, Pine View (UT)
- Week 3 Winner: Samuel Austin, Oviedo (FL)
- Week 4 Winner: Diallo Good, Cedar Park (TX)
- Week 5 Winner: Zack Truitt, Landmark Christian (GA)
- Week 6 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 7 Winner: Miles Ally, Nashville Martin Luther King
- Week 8 Winner: Hobbs Kessler, Ann Arbor (MI)
- Week 9 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 10 Winner: Joshua Truchon, West Allis Hale (WI)
- Week 11 Winner: Nick Plant, Canfield (OH)
- Week 12 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 13 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 14 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 15 Winner: Dillon Leacock, Millbrook (NC)