* Woods Cross senior Sam Hansen is among the nominees for this week's NPOTW presented by New Balance
Photo Credit: Josh Ornelas/Utah MileSplit
- - -
An emphatic finish to the club track and field season at the AAU Junior Olympic Games last week saw an equally impressive end to the season's National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance poll.
A total of 12,000 votes were registered for this past week's weekly accounting of the top athletes. And in the end, it came down to two youth athletes, 10-year-old Omar Thomas and 13-year-old Brayden Robinson.
Between the two, there were five AAU Junior Olympic Games titles won and a handful of new national records.
But the speedster from Florida pulled away late, securing just over 51-percent of the poll and 6,425 votes to win the weekly award.
Thomas was coming off blistering performances of 25.25 seconds in the 200m for the 10-year-old category, along with a time of 55.74 seconds in the 400m. Both were new national records.
Robinson finished with just less than 5,500 votes. A big congrats goes out to Thomas, and all the other nominees from this last week of action on the track.
Let's move on to Week 1 of the XC poll.
Make sure you vote for whom you think should win this week's honor. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll. Better yet, each boy and girl winner will win a pair of New Balance shoes (shoes have not been sent out just yet!)
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at email@example.com and Olivia Ekpone at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your contact.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. You can also vote in our National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Club Season Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Matt Bogdan, Colts Neck (NJ)
- Week 2 Winner: Amanuel Putz, La Crosse (WI)
- Week 3 Winner: Carlos Brown, Swift Athletics (CA)
- Week 4 Winner: Omar Thomas, Fort Lauderdale Track Club (FL)
NPOTW Outdoor Boys Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Aiden Paul, West Albany (OR)
- Week 2 Winner: Domonique McKenzie, Pine View (UT)
- Week 3 Winner: Samuel Austin, Oviedo (FL)
- Week 4 Winner: Diallo Good, Cedar Park (TX)
- Week 5 Winner: Zack Truitt, Landmark Christian (GA)
- Week 6 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 7 Winner: Miles Ally, Nashville Martin Luther King
- Week 8 Winner: Hobbs Kessler, Ann Arbor (MI)
- Week 9 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 10 Winner: Joshua Truchon, West Allis Hale (WI)
- Week 11 Winner: Nick Plant, Canfield (OH)
- Week 12 Winner: Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood (PA)
- Week 13 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 14 Winner: Brandon Battle, Edwardsville (IL)
- Week 15 Winner: Dillon Leacock, Millbrook (NC)