* Avalon Mecham is among the nominees for this week's NPOTW presented by New Balance
- - -
The AAU Junior Olympic Games capped off the club season for the National Performer Of The Week presented by New Balance poll.
Last week, over 1,700 votes came flying in and it came down to three athletes: Anastacia Gonzales of Boerne Champion (TX), Christine Mallard of Mansfield Legacy (TX) and Kaila Jackson of Detroit Renaissance (MI).
There were national records and titles earned amongst these ladies.
However, the middle-distance runner grabbed the weekly honors with 53-percent of the vote after she ran a personal best and an AAU Junior Olympic Games record in the 1,500m. Gonzales broke the record by nearly three seconds when she crossed the finish line in 4:22.91. The rising senior also finished second in the 800m with a 2:10.68.
Mallard and Jackson earned 542 and 264 votes respectively throughout the week. Mallard ran her fifth 400m of her career and lowered the AAU Junior Olympic Games record to 52.66. Jackson collected three gold medals and three AAU Junior Olympic Games records in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m with Track Life University.
Now let's move on to week 1 of the cross country season National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance poll.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll. Better yet, each boy and girl winner will win a pair of New Balance shoes.
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at email@example.com and Olivia Ekpone at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your contact.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 25 Cross Country Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Club Track and Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Kayla Pinkard, Carrollton (GA)
- Week 2 Winner: Adaejah Hodge, Alexander (GA)
- Week 3 Winner: Samirah Moody, Buckingham Browne & Nichols (MA)
- Week 4 Winner: Anastacia Gonzales, Boerne Champion (TX)
NPOTW Outdoor Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Eddiyah Frye, St. Thomas Aquinas
- Week 2 Winner: Autumn Wilson, St. Dominic Savio Catholic
- Week 3 Winner: Abby Merner, Auburn (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Allison Johnson, Mount Gilead (OH)
- Week 5 Winner: Zoe Duffus, Fort Wayne Carroll (IN)
- Week 6 Winner: Elizabeth Floch, Valley Christian (WA)
- Week 7 Winner: Alexis Glasco, St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)
- Week 8 Winner: Alli Ince, Normal Community (IL)
- Week 9 Winner: Falon Spearman, Providence Day (NC)
- Week 10 Winner: Kaniya Johnson, White Knoll
- Week 11 Winner: Lauren Tolbert, Highland Tech (NC)
- Week 12 Winner: Paige Floriea, Mentor (OH)
- Week 13 Winner: Addy Wiley, Huntington North (IN)
- Week 14 Winner: Madison Whyte, Heritage (Newport News) (VA)
- Week 15 Winner: Juliette Whittaker, Mount De Sales Academy (MD)