*Allison Ince (left) won the NPOTW Week 8 honor; Falon Spearman (right) is a nominee for Week 9 of the outdoor season
- - -
Willis had control of the lead until the last 100m as Ince snuck in on the inside coming down the home stretch. Ince edged out Willis by three-tenths of a second and ran a personal best of 2:04.10. Ince's performance became the second-fastest time in the country behind Willis' 2:03.85, which she ran earlier this season at the Trials of Miles Texas.
Within a week, Ince earned 50-percent of the votes to be named the Girl's National Performer Of The Week. Congratulations Ince!
Now let's move on to week 9 of the outdoor National Performer of the Week poll.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW Outdoor Track And Field Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Eddiyah Frye, St. Thomas Aquinas
- Week 2 Winner: Autumn Wilson, St. Dominic Savio Catholic
- Week 3 Winner: Abby Merner, Auburn (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Allison Johnson, Mount Gilead (OH)
- Week 5 Winner: Zoe Duffus, Fort Wayne Carroll (IN)
- Week 6 Winner: Elizabeth Floch, Valley Christian (WA)
- Week 7 Winner: Alexis Glasco, St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)
- Week 8 Winner: Alli Ince, Normal Community (IL)