It's officially National Signing Day.
Today marks the first day athletes can sign on the dotted line during the NLI period, which runs through August 1, 2023.
Of course, that doesn't mean every athlete who's on the cusp of signing a scholarship will finalize on this day. But it does mean that signing season is officially underway.
Over the last few weeks, talented cross country and track and field athletes have been announcing their long-term plans.
Over that time, MileSplit has ramped up its recruiting coverage, with more stories, features, podcasts and insight into the best and brightest athletes of the Class of 2023, along with conversations with NCAA coaches and updates on our latest Top 50 recruiting lists.
For more, visit the links below and stay tuned for updates on this page throughout signing season.
Note: You can search for college commitments by typing in the 'Search For A College' bar and entering your program of choice.
COMMITMENTS TRACKED OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS (NOVEMBER 3-7)
|Sofie Kurzawa||J.L. Mann||SC||Distance||South Carolina|
|Andrew Casey||Lakeville North||MN||XC/Track||Wisconsin|
|Julia Soderbery||Sacred Heart Prep||CA||XC/Track||Brown|
|Hannah Riggins||San Diego Del Norte||CA||XC/Track||Princeton|
|Jonah Bazerkanian||Simi Valley Royal||CA||XC/Track||Cal Poly|
|Caleb Bost||Battle Creek Lakeview||MI||XC/Track||Kent State|
|Hayden Bills||Rosemount||MN||Track||Arizona State|
|Jordyn Borsch||Maple Grove||MN||Track||Notre Dame|
|Emmett Gerres||Belle Plaine||MN||XC/Track||Minnesota|
|Greta White||Greer||SC||XC/Track||South Carolina|
|Kylie Bonser||Midloathian||VA||XC/Track||Virginia Tech|
|Taylor Wade||Whitefield||GA||XC/Track||Georgia Tech|
|Taylor Rorick||Valor Christian||CO||XC/Track||Creighton|
|Mari Konold||Mountain View||UT||XC/Track||Colorado STate|
|Eliza Aitken||West De Pere||WI||Track/PV||South Dakota|
MileSplit will be tracking college commitments and signings this week and through the next year. The first day of the National Letter of Intent signing period begins on Wednesday, Nov. 9, and will continue through Aug. 1, 2023. If you would like to notify MileSplit of your signing, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow our in-depth coverage at:
SIGNING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE:
SIGNINGS LIVE ON @MILESPLIT IG/PODCAST:
Mekhi Gammons, Hialeah Lakes-Miami Lakes (FL), 3:00 p.m., Nov. 9
Myla Greene, Bullis School (MD), 3:30 p.m., Nov. 9
Nonah Waldron, Oak Park (MI), Nov. 11
Shawnti Jackson, Raleigh Wakefield (NC), TBD
IN-DEPTH INSIGHT ON TOP RECRUITS
Burns credits his father for helping coach him and chart his workouts, and he sees Schumacher as someone who can help him get to the next level in college and beyond. Oregon also has assistant coach Shalane Flanagan, a four-time Olympian who has served as an assistant for the Bowerman Track Club under Schumacher since 2019 (Link).
Photo Credit: Florida Today
- Christopher Caudillo commits to Cal Poly
- Simeon Birnbaum commits to Oregon
- Hana, Amanda Moll commit to Washington
- Tyrone Gorze announces commitment to Washington
- Notre Dame lands the super-talented Grace Schager
- Katie Clute commits to Oregon
- Distance standout JoJo Quarzo commits to NC State
- Oregon adds top distance recruit Lily Cridge
- Riley, Farley are key recruiting additions for Notre Dame
- Evaluating four recent female commitments to major programs
- Top-five recruit Connor Burns commits to Oregon
- Examining the college options of Aaron Sahlman
- Three strong programs heading into the NLI period
- After a brilliant recruiting year, Stanford is back
- Rocky Hansen could give Wake Forest just what they need
- Why World U20 champ Akala Garrett is a great fit at Texas
- Ole Miss landed another superstar thrower Mensi Stiff
- Stanford was loaded. And then it landed Lex and Leo Young.
- Breaking down Sean Brosnan's move to UCLA
- Recruits who have bought into GVSU have made the difference
- Air Force's men's XC team is driven by a common cause
- Wake Forest has made a statement over the NLI period
- Northern Arizona is gaining traction with national recruits
- Success has forged new opportunities for Providence's women's team
- Behind Tulsa's success recruiting the U.K. Lads
- Artie Gulden is making the right moves for Utah State XC
- Ole Miss' new distance coach is finding his place
- California Baptist XC is on the rise
- Butler's Matt Roe explains the nuances of his team's success
- Lilah Drafts-Johnson: Run your own race. Here's why.
- Ryan Vanhoy is ready for the next step at Cal Poly
- Pete Watson to Boston College shifts the college landscape
"The biggest thing we need our freshmen and newcomers to buy into is the team culture and knowing that everything they do is for the good of the team. It's a two, three, four-year process. We try to get people to see the big picture of the team and understand that it's going to take a great attitude and a lot of hard work."
- Grand Valley State University coach Jerry Baltes
RETURNING SENIOR RANKINGS (SEASON-BEST TIMES):
- Senior Boys 5K Rankings
- Senior Boys 3-Mile Rankings
- Senior Boys Outdoor Track And Field Rankings (2022 Senior Returners)
- Senior Boys Indoor Track And Field Rankings
- Senior Girls 5K Rankings
- Senior Girls 3-Mile Rankings
- Senior Girls Outdoor Track And Field Rankings (2022 Senior Returners)
- Senior Girls Indoor Track And Field Rankings
Class of 2023's Top 50 Boys Recruits: Fourth Update -- Fifth And Final Update: Projected for Nov. 10
Class of 2023's Top 50 Girls Recruits: Fourth Update -- Fifth And Final Update: Projected for No. 11
Class of 2024's Top 50 Boys Recruits: First Update -- Second Update: Projected for Nov. 7
Class of 2024's Top 50 Girls Recruits: First Update -- Second Update: Projected for Nov. 8
Class of 2025's Top 50 Boys Recruits: First Update: Projected For Nov. 15
Class of 2025's Top 50 Girls Recruits: First Update: Projected For Nov. 16
RECRUITING RANKINGS CONTENT: