* Karrie Baloga (left) won the NPOTW Week 7 honor; Ciara O'Shea (right) is a nominee for Week 8 of the cross country season
- - -
Running through the park at the Six Flags Wild Safari Invite, Karrie Baloga of Cornwall (NY) grabbed her second-straight victory, ran a personal best, and clocked her first performance under 17 minutes for 5K this season.
She won this race by 31 seconds.
Baloga ran the fastest 5K time so far this season from the state of New York and she currently sits at US No. 7 on the rankings.
Throughout the week, she earned 55-percent of the votes. A huge congratulations goes out to Baloga for her performance last weekend.
Let's move on to week 8 of the cross country season National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance poll.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll. Better yet, each boy and girl winner will win a pair of New Balance shoes.
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at firstname.lastname@example.org and Olivia Ekpone at email@example.com to notify us of your contact.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 25 Cross Country Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Cross Country Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Karina James, Lowell (IN)
- Week 2 Winner: Lily Cridge, Bishop Chatard (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Avalon Mecham, American Fork (UT)
- Week 4 Winner: Nicki Southerland, Delta (IN)
- Week 5 Winner: Bethany Michalak, Air Academy (CO)
- Week 6 Winner: Dalia Frias Mira Costa (CA)
- Week 7 Winner: Karrie Baloga, Cornwall (NY)
NPOTW Club Track and Field Winners: