* Dalia Frias (left) won the NPOTW Week 6 honor; Caroline Wells (right) is a nominee for Week 7 of the cross country season
- - -
It was an eventful evening for Dalia Frias at the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic.
The Mira Costa (CA) senior crossed the finish line in 15:43.50 for three miles and edged out the second-place finisher by nearly nine seconds on the flat and fast course.
Frias ran the second-fastest all-time performance for this distance and she earned a high 156 speed rating for her efforts.
Throughout the week, there were over 1,500 votes cast and Frias earned about 50-percent of them. A major congratulations goes to Frias for her record-breaking performance at the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic.
Let's move on to week 7 of the cross country season National Performer of the Week presented by New Balance poll.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll. Better yet, each boy and girl winner will win a pair of New Balance shoes.
We are requesting winners (or their parents or coaches) from each week to email Cory Mull at email@example.com and Olivia Ekpone at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your contact.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 25 Cross Country Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Cross Country Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Karina James, Lowell (IN)
- Week 2 Winner: Lily Cridge, Bishop Chatard (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Avalon Mecham, American Fork (UT)
- Week 4 Winner: Nicki Southerland, Delta (IN)
- Week 5 Winner: Bethany Michalak, Air Academy (CO)
- Week 6 Winner: Dalia Frias Mira Costa (CA)
NPOTW Club Track and Field Winners: