The junior from Huntington North (IN) made a sacrifice this season that made all the difference for her. The basketball player made her last basket over a year ago so she could focus on soccer and cross country. This slight adjustment ultimately made Addy Wiley have a strong foundation to lean on throughout the 2021 outdoor season.
At the RunningTrack Championships in Birmingham, Alabama, the weather conditions were perfect.
"It was long overdue to run this fast," Wiley said after she ran the US No. 1 time in the mile this year.
She crossed the finish line in a new personal best of 4:38.14 and was the only girl this season to run a sub 4:39 at this distance.
Wiley helped to make this race historic as Engelhardt also ran a world 14-year-old age group record in the mile when she clocked a 4:40.16. Engelhardt broke Mary Decker's 48-year-old hand-timed record of 4:40.1.
*Addy Wiley after running the US No. 1 time in the mile
- Addy Wiley's MileSplit Profile
- Sadie Engelhardt Breaks World Age Group Record In Mile
- In-Depth Telestration Series Page
- Shawnti & Bershawn Jackson Analyze a 200m Together
- Ava Parekh Shares Insight On adidas Indoor National's Mile
- How Autumn Wilson Overcame 'Panic Mode' Against Stiff Field
- Hannah Douglas Recovers From Distractions In 200m Races
- Avery Lewis Analyzes Every Angle Of Her No. 6 All-Time Jump
- Alexis Glasco Meant All Business In The 300mH At Regionals
- Bryce McCray Breaks Down State and Celebration With Father
- Justin Wachtel On His Unbelievable Mile Finish At Wingfoot
- Justin Braun Models Sydney McLaughlin's Form In The 400m
- Paige Sommers Reaches For New Heights in Pole Vault