*Paige Sommers broke the national high school record in the pole vault with a 14-9 clearance
- - -
Within the last three years, there have been three new girl national high school pole vault record holders. Chloe Cunliffe broke the indoor national record of 14-9 in 2019. Leah Pasqualetti soared to 14-8.25 to break the outdoor national record last year.
However, there's a small percentage of athletes who break their own national high school record twice in one season.
This season, Paige Sommers of Westlake (CA) cleared 14-8.50 in April. About a month later, she stepped on the runway at the Marmonte League Prelims/Finals and cleared 14-9 to improve on the record.
In this week's telestration, Sommers analyzed her form and technique for this record-breaking jump. This jump was more special, especially since she was able to celebrate it with her father who has been there every step of the way.
- Paige Sommer's MileSplit Profile
- In-Depth Telestration Series Page
- Shawnti & Bershawn Jackson Analyze a 200m Together
- Ava Parekh Shares Insight On adidas Indoor National's Mile
- How Autumn Wilson Overcame 'Panic Mode' Against Stiff Field
- Hannah Douglas Recovers From Distractions In 200m Races
- Avery Lewis Analyzes Every Angle Of Her No. 6 All-Time Jump
- Alexis Glasco Meant All Business In The 300mH At Regionals
- Bryce McCray Breaks Down State and Celebration With Father
- Justin Wachtel On His Unbelievable Mile Finish At Wingfoot
- Justin Braun Models Sydney McLaughlin's Form In The 400m