Despite a few hiccups the second half of his 300mH race at the UIL State Track and Field Championship, Bryce McCray of Richmond George Ranch (TX) leaned at the line to grab his first state title by one-hundredth of a second.
The future Georgia Bulldog came across the line in a new personal best and US No. 1 time of 36.27.
This title was more than just another medal in his trophy case, it was a moment to celebrate with his father who won the state championship title over 20 years ago.
McCray analyzed his race to see what his strengths and weaknesses were while also sharing why this moment was so special to share with his father.
6A BOYS 300 METER HURDLES FINALS PLACE ATHLETE TEAM RESULT WIND H# 1 Bryce McCray 12 Richmond George Ranch 36.27 1 2 Denzel Hinds 12 San Antonio Health Careers 36.28 1 3 Cameron Boger 11 Mesquite 36.69 1 4 Jarvis Anderson 10 Round Rock McNeil 37.51 1 5 Jaden Patterson 12 Atascocita 37.74 1 6 Tj Caldwell 12 Northwest Nelson 38.38 1 7 Felipe Medrado 12 Fort Bend Clements 38.53 1 8 Noah Newman 11 Belton 38.85 1 9 Jaden Robinson 12 South Grand Prairie 39.65 1
- Bryce McCray's MileSplit Profile
- In-Depth Telestration Series Page
- Shawnti & Bershawn Jackson Analyze a 200m Together
- Ava Parekh Shares Insight On adidas Indoor National's Mile
- How Autumn Wilson Overcame 'Panic Mode' Against Stiff Field
- Hannah Douglas Recovers From Distractions In 200m Races
- Avery Lewis Analyzes Every Angle Of Her No. 6 All-Time Jump
- Alexis Glasco Meant All Business In The 300mH At Regionals