* Vestavia Hills senior Ethan Strand, a nominee for this week's National Boys Performer of the Week, doubled this weekend in the 3,200m ...and the 400m
- - -
With three new personal records earned, including a new US No. 1 mark in the 60mH, Cosby's Michael Bourne finished as this past week's National Performer of the Week.
The Midloathian, Virginia resident racked up 652 votes and just over 46-percent of the tallies to rally past second-place Gavin Schurr of Fairview, Colorado.
And no doubt, Bourne's performance at the VA Beach Club Opener was impressive, with new PRs of 7.85 seconds in the 60mH, 22.22 in the 200m and 50.59 in the 400m.
A big congrats goes out to Michael on his win.
Now let's move on to Week 2 of the National Performer of the Week for the indoor track and field season.
We'll have six candidates in this week's poll. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Indoor Track And Field Winners:
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Rheinhardt Harrison, Nease (FL)
- Week 2 Winner: Izaiah Steury, Angola (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Jackson Danner, Huntsville (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 5 Winnner: Ethan Strand, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 6 Winner: Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Green Mountain (CO)
- Week 7 Winner: Dawson Mayberry, Bentonville (AR)
- Week 8 Winner: Matt Bogdan, Colts Neck (NJ)
- Week 9 Winner: Nathan Moore, Uniontown Lake (OH)
- Week 10 Winner: Spain Vaughan, Eastside (SC)
- Week 11 Winner: Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Green Montain (CO)
- Week 12 Winner: Nathan Moore, Uniontown Lake (OH)
- Week 13 Winner: Javier Vento, Belen Jesuit (FL)
- Week 14 Winner: Myles Hogan, Fordham (NY)
- Week 15 Winner: Vidhur Polam, South Brunswick (NJ)