* Benzie Central's Hunter Jones (above) is one of this week's National Performer of the Week nominees
Photo Credit: @huntjones33
- - -
Sometimes, the voting for National Performer of the Week seems wildly inconceivable.
Did 23,000 votes really come in last week? Or more specifically, did 19,000 people really vote for two athletes this past week?
But my skepticism aside, every single athlete in last week's poll deserved merit for their performances the previous weekend, and like all weeks, somebody has got to win.
For Week 8, Colts Neck senior Matt Bogdan took top honors with over 46-percent of the vote following his winning performance at the Cougar Invitational. Bogdan ran a season-best time of 15:24.27 to win across a very talented field.
A big congrats goes out to Bogdan and all the nominees.
Now let's move on to Week 9 of the National Performer of the Week.
We'll have seven candidates in this week's poll. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Rheinhardt Harrison, Nease (FL)
- Week 2 Winner: Izaiah Steury, Angola (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Jackson Danner, Huntsville (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 5 Winnner: Ethan Strand, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 6 Winner: Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Green Mountain (CO)
- Week 7 Winner: Dawson Mayberry, Bentonville (AR)
- Week 8 Winner: Matt Bogdan, Colts Neck (NJ)