* Bishop Hendricken's Luke Henseler won his first Rhode Island State XC title over the weekend
- - -
Carter Solomon has had a pretty good last few weeks.
After scoring the second fastest 5K effort on Michigan soil all-time at his regional championship race on Oct. 26, the Plymouth (MI) High School senior and University of Notre Dame commit was voted National Performer of the Week by voters of MileSplit's weekly poll for the period of October 21-27.
Then Solomon won his first MHSAA LP Division I state cross country title on Saturday, posting a time of 15:01.20. He finished his regular season Michigan career with three top five finishes and one win, as well as that incredible effort of 14:42.70 from regionals.
A big congratulations goes out to Solomon, a fourth-place finisher at last year's Foot Locker Nationals, on his multiple wins and his efforts over the next few weeks ahead of national qualifiers.
Now let's move on to Week 9 of our National Boys Performer of the Week poll. This week's voting will cover efforts from October 28th through November 3rd.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight boys nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in the National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
- Week 1: Caleb Brown, Shelby (OH)
- Week 2: Mhalicki Bronson, Defiance (OH)
- Week 3: Justin Wachtel, Mary Persons (GA)
- Week 4: Leo Daschbach, Highland High (AZ)
- Week 5: Bob Liking, St. Charles East (IL)
- Week 6: Sully Shelton, Harrison (GA)
- Week 7: Alex Frey, North Central (IN)
- Week 8: Carter Solomon, Plymouth (MI)