* Austin Vandergrift's (TX) Anthony Monte won his district meet this past week
- - -
Sully Shelton became the second athlete from Georgia to win National Performer of the Week across the period of Oct. 7-14 following his banner effort.
Shelton, a junior from Kennesaw, went under 15 minutes for the first time in his career for the 5K distance, winning the Coach Wood Invitational in 14:58.91.
It was his fourth win in six outings.
A big congratulations goes out to Shelton, who is coming off a win at the Region 6-AAAAAA Championship on Oct. 19.
Now let's move on to Week 7 of our National Boys Performer of the Week poll. This week's voting will cover efforts from October 14th through October 20th.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight boys nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in the National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
- Week 1: Caleb Brown, Shelby (OH)
- Week 2: Mhalicki Bronson, Defiance (OH)
- Week 3: Justin Wachtel, Mary Persons (GA)
- Week 4: Leo Daschbach, Highland High (AZ)
- Week 5: Bob Liking, St. Charles East (IL)
- Week 6: Sully Shelton, Harrison (GA)