* Valor Christian's Cole Sprout won his third state championship in Colorado this weekend
- - -
It was a frenetic race to the finish in last week's National Performer poll, with over 11,000 votes cast to our eight nominees.
In the end, Indianapolis North Central's Alex Frey secured a win by just a few hundred votes -- 4,772 total tallies -- earning the honor after his crazy sprint-to-the-finish over Jack Kovach at the Region 10 Championships in Indiana, posting a career best 5K time of 15:17.60.
A big congrats goes out to Frey, who qualified for the stand-alone, solo state championship race in Indiana following his fourth-place outing at Semi-State in Shelbyville.
Now let's move on to Week 8 of our National Boys Performer of the Week poll. This week's voting will cover efforts from October 21st through October 27th.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight boys nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in the National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
- Week 1: Caleb Brown, Shelby (OH)
- Week 2: Mhalicki Bronson, Defiance (OH)
- Week 3: Justin Wachtel, Mary Persons (GA)
- Week 4: Leo Daschbach, Highland High (AZ)
- Week 5: Bob Liking, St. Charles East (IL)
- Week 6: Sully Shelton, Harrison (GA)
- Week 7: Alex Frey, North Central (IN)