* Dobyns Bennett's Sasha Neglia cruised to a conference title over the weekend
- - -
A freshman took National Girls Performer of the Week honors for the second straight week, winning between the period of Oct. 7-14.
Wayzata's Abbey Nechanicky has been a trusted No. 1 for the Trojans all year long, and so it was no surprise when the runner earned a win at the Lake Conference Championships on Oct. 10 in a time of 18:09.30--just three tenths-of-a-second off her career best time.
Nechanicky has won three of five races across 2019, and will go into the section and state championships over the next two weeks with a chance to go after her first high school titles.
A big congrats goes out to Abbey on the recognition.
Now let's move on to Week 7 of our National Girls Performer of the Week poll. This week's voting will cover efforts from October 14th through October 20th.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight girls nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
- Week 1: Kendall Kramer, West Valley (AK)
- Week 2: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 3: Hanna Miniutti, Blessed Trinity (GA)
- Week 4: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 5: Karrie Baloga, Cornwall (NY)
- Week 6: Abbey Nechanicky, Wayzata (MN)