* Yan Vazquez after his 36.66 in the 300mH this weekend at the Chandler Rotary Invitational
- - -
A fast-rising hurdler from Arizona won top honors on Friday.
Red Mountain's Yan Vazquez, a high school senior from Mesa, Arizona, scored the outdoor season's first National Performer of the Week recognition following his barn-burning effort at the Red Mountain Rampage, which saw him drop three state-leading efforts in the 110mH (14.11) and the 300mH (37.02) and a high jump mark of 6-8.
All three of his performances currently lead the state of Arizona -- and to make matters more thrilling, this weekend at the Chandler Rotary Invitational he lowered both his times in the 110mH and 300mH.
Vazquez pocketed over 66-percent of the vote and just over 640 tallies to win the Week 1 honor.
A big congrats goes out to Yan on his win, and to all the other nominees. Now let's move on to Week 2 action.
We will recognize a winner every week in this poll, with nominations handed out on Monday. The poll will end on Friday and winners will be announced the following Monday.
NPOTW Indoor Series:
- Week 1: Will Sumner, Woodstock (GA)
- Week 2: Maddox Hamm, Scottsboro (AL)
- Week 3: Chris Brinkley, Fort Bend Marshall (TX)
- Week 4: Nyckoles Harbor, Archbishop Carroll (DC)
- Week 5: Kevin Sanchez, Austin Vandegrift (TX)
- Week 6: Christopher Morales Williams, Ontario Speed Academy (CAN)
- Week 7: Wyatt Stewart, Madison Central (KY)
- Week 8: Zyaire Nuriddin, Montverde Academy (FL)
- Week 9: Jackson Barna, Ridge (NJ)
- Week 10: Marco Langon, Bridgewater-Raritan (NJ)
NPOTW Outdoor Series: