* Chanice Spicer ran the No. 1 time in the nation at the Southeastern AAU Track and Field Invitational on Sunday, clocking a 24.24 in the 200m from lane six
- - -
The indoor track and field season has officially begun and Bullis School's Jada Pierre has won the season's first National Performer of the Week honor with her indoor debut at the VA Beach Club Opener, where she ran two personal bests in the 60mH and 60m.
In the 60mH, Pierre ran an 8.49 to win the event, which also resulted in the fastest time in the country. Pierre finished third in the 60m in a new lifetime best of 7.54.
For her efforts, The Bullis School (MD) senior earned almost 50-percent of the votes with 1,142 votes. A huge congratulations goes out to Pierre on her success on her opening meet of the 2021 indoor season.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW Indoor Track And Field Winners:
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 2 Winner: Isabella Babilonia, Melbourne Viera (FL)
- Week 3 Winner: Anastacia Gonzalez, Boerne Champion (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 5 Winner: Ava Parekh, Chicago Latin (IL)
- Week 6 Winner: Abbey Nechanicky, Wayzata (MN)
- Week 7 Winner: Crawford West, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 8 Winner: Analee Weaver, Stillwater (MN)
- Week 9 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 10 Winner: Annie Christie, Carmel (IN)
- Week 11 Winner: Karina James, Lowell (IN)
- Week 12 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 13 Winner: Caroline Wells, Winter Springs (FL)
- Week 14 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 15 Winner: Anastacia Gonzales, Boerne Champion (TX)