* Peter Visser is a Week 10 nominee for National Performer of the Week
Photo Credit: See above
- - -
It was another tight race to the line for National Performer honors last week.
But ultimately, Uniontown Lake's Nathan Moore, a recent commit of Walsh University, scored Week 9 honors after the first sub-15 performance of his career at the Federal League Championships on Oct. 17.
Moore posted a US top 15 time of 14:51.70 to claim his seventh-straight win of the season, and then racked up 41-percent of the NPOTW vote on more than 1,400 tallies to defeat Tallahassee's Woodrow Dean, who was second in last week's poll with 31-percent of the vote.
This past weekend, Moore extended his winning streak to eight at the GlenOak District XC Championships.
A big congrats goes out to the Ohio athlete on the honor.
Now let's move on to Week 10 of the National Performer of the Week.
We'll have seven candidates in this week's poll. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Girls Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Rheinhardt Harrison, Nease (FL)
- Week 2 Winner: Izaiah Steury, Angola (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Jackson Danner, Huntsville (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 5 Winnner: Ethan Strand, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 6 Winner: Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Green Mountain (CO)
- Week 7 Winner: Dawson Mayberry, Bentonville (AR)
- Week 8 Winner: Matt Bogdan, Colts Neck (NJ)
- Week 9 Winner: Nathan Moore, Uniontown Lake (OH)