* Connor Nisbet won the Joe O'Neill Invitational this weekend
- - -
We're off and rolling with state championship races across the country.
So these next few weeks with National Performer of the Week will be dedicated to boys and girls athletes who stand out on that critical race day.
But before we take a look at this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
It's been a fast few weeks for Cambridge (GA) senior Jack Filan. The veteran racer picked up a huge win over state favorite Kyle Harkabus at the Asics Invitational two weeks ago, and then followed last week with a win at the Coach Wood Invitational over Alabama's top runner, Will Stone. So it's no surprise Filan was a good pick to roll this week.
The Georgian garnered over 1,600 votes and 50-percent of the tallies to win National Performer honors. A big congratulations goes out to Jack for the win.
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)
- Week 7 Winner: Thomas Shilgalis, Naperville Central (IL)
- Week 8 Winner: Luke Grundvig, American Fork (UT)
- Week 9 Winner: Jack Filan, Cambridge (GA)