* Ankeny's Tim Sindt won the Ankeny Invitational this weekend in a blistering time
- - -
We're officially hitting our stride in the cross country season. Week after week, athletes are delivering their best performances yet.
Who deserves National Performer of the Week honors?
Before we take a look at this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
A week ago, Naperville Central's Thomas Shilgalis authored the nation's top weekend time at 3-miles, winning in 14:11.40 at the Peoria Invitational, and then proceeded to follow with a win in National Performer of the Week, gaining 415 votes and accounting for 54-percent of the tally.
A big congrats goes out to Thomas!
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)
- Week 7 Winner: Thomas Shilgalis, Naperville Central (IL)