* Cambridge (GA) High School's Jack Filan won the Coach Wood Invitational this weekend in Georgia
- - -
We're almost there: Championship season.
And it's now or never, so athletes are beginning to taper as they look to finish out their seasons and careers in the best way possible.
Who deserves National Performer of the Week honors?
Before we take a look at this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
With less than a week before his state championships, American Fork (UT) High School senior Luke Grundvig earned that coveted National Performer title following his win at the Region 4 Championships in 15:08.03.
The No. 1 registered over 2,100 tallies and grabbed over 50-percent of the vote to score the win. A big congrats goes out to Luke on the honor!
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)
- Week 7 Winner: Thomas Shilgalis, Naperville Central (IL)
- Week 8 Winner: Luke Grundvig, American Fork (UT)