* Hersey's Josh Methner netted his first Illinois win in Class 3A on Saturday
- - -
This week marks the beginning of NXR Regional races, along with the back half of state titles runs in various states.
These next few weeks with National Performer of the Week will be dedicated to the boys and girls athletes who stand out on that critical championship day.
But before we take a look at this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
That honor went to Pt. Pleasant (NJ) High School senior Devin Hart, who scored a record run at the Shore Conference Championships with a PR of 14:47.00 for 5K, producing the No. 2 effort all-time on the course.
For his effort, Hart earned over 515 tallies and 52-percent of the vote, stretching a lead past second-place Drew Bosley, who earned over 26-percent of the vote.
A big congrats goes out to Hart as he continues his season and heads into the Group Championships as well as New Jersey's Meet of Champions.
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)
- Week 7 Winner: Thomas Shilgalis, Naperville Central (IL)
- Week 8 Winner: Luke Grundvig, American Fork (UT)
- Week 9 Winner: Jack Filan, Cambridge (GA)
- Week 10 Winner: Vincent Mauri, Howland (OH)
- Week 11 Winner: Devin Hart, Pt. Pleasant Boro (NJ)