T&F Booster Club Funding
03/21/2012 9:19:31 AM
User
A question for you head coaches or booster club officers.. What level of funding is typical of a 5A T&F team as far as cash on hand to help support a T&F team? Being its a 5A outfit I'm looking for info on teams that are in/near major metropolitan areas like Houston, Dallas etc. I know T&F is at the tail end of the school year, lots of business, parents and neighbours have given to Football, Volleyball, Basketball and what not so fund raising can be bleak but what have you guys seen as reasonable balances in a booaster club? 2K, 6K, 10K???
A question for you head coaches or booster club officers..

What level of funding is typical of a 5A T&F team as far as cash on hand to help support a T&F team? Being its a 5A outfit I'm looking for info on teams that are in/near major metropolitan areas like Houston, Dallas etc.

I know T&F is at the tail end of the school year, lots of business, parents and neighbours have given to Football, Volleyball, Basketball and what not so fund raising can be bleak but what have you guys seen as reasonable balances in a booaster club? 2K, 6K, 10K???
03/21/2012 10:43:02 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
We do a unified booster club. No individual fundraising unless it is after the main fundraiser and it has to be for out of state travel or a large event. I'm curious as to what cross country and track need $10k for. Your school should have equipment, supplies, and travel budgets set up by the district. Booster clubs are limited on what they can provide. I think uniform purchases are not allowed (at least in our district.)
We do a unified booster club. No individual fundraising unless it is after the main fundraiser and it has to be for out of state travel or a large event.

I'm curious as to what cross country and track need $10k for. Your school should have equipment, supplies, and travel budgets set up by the district.

Booster clubs are limited on what they can provide. I think uniform purchases are not allowed (at least in our district.)
03/21/2012 11:23:46 AM
User
Yeah, What I'm trying to figure out in a round about way is what would be considered "normal". I'm sure UIL and each district has mandates on what can be or cannot be supplied by the the booster clubs and likely the coaches play a role in what they need or want too. I think if it is limited to travel expenses a club would be doing great if they had 1k-1500 in the bank unless the whole team is going to some far away meets.
Yeah,

What I'm trying to figure out in a round about way is what would be considered "normal". I'm sure UIL and each district has mandates on what can be or cannot be supplied by the the booster clubs and likely the coaches play a role in what they need or want too.

I think if it is limited to travel expenses a club would be doing great if they had 1k-1500 in the bank unless the whole team is going to some far away meets.
03/21/2012 10:46:43 PM
Coach
Like Tom we have one school booster club. I get 1000 for both cc and track but each sport is different. That is used mainly on equipment since our district budget for cc is only 300. Each sport also has an activity account. This is money that we raise separately from the booster club. We make around 2000 a year. This is our travel money for overnight trips but could be used on equipment or anything else.
Like Tom we have one school booster club. I get 1000 for both cc and track but each sport is different. That is used mainly on equipment since our district budget for cc is only 300. Each sport also has an activity account. This is money that we raise separately from the booster club. We make around 2000 a year. This is our travel money for overnight trips but could be used on equipment or anything else.
03/22/2012 10:03:37 AM
User
Thanks All, Appreciate the feedback. Just to share it seems, Several schools/districts seem to have one giant booster club for all sports allowing for extreamly high balances. Most of those seem to have "Activity Accounts" of some sort set up to independantly support/supplement T&F or XC Schools w/o the big overall booster clubs seem to mirror balances of the "activity clubs" in their T&F and XC specific booster clubs. Balances I saw in looking around for T&F booster clubs seemed to range between 2K - 9K, although I saw some at 25K ish. Thanks for the feedback via the open question and the independent replies back to me directly, much appreciated.
Thanks All,

Appreciate the feedback. Just to share it seems,

Several schools/districts seem to have one giant booster club for all sports allowing for extreamly high balances.
Most of those seem to have "Activity Accounts" of some sort set up to independantly support/supplement T&F or XC
Schools w/o the big overall booster clubs seem to mirror balances of the "activity clubs" in their T&F and XC specific booster clubs.
Balances I saw in looking around for T&F booster clubs seemed to range between 2K - 9K, although I saw some at 25K ish.

Thanks for the feedback via the open question and the independent replies back to me directly, much appreciated.
03/22/2012 10:11:21 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I bet I know which one is at $25k. I used to coach at Spring Woods. We had about $500 in there. We would do stadium cleanups twice per year for about $500 each time. That was our food account for all-day meets. Right now...our equipment budget is about $1500 for track and $1200 for XC. Uniform years get you an extra $1500/sport. We're a large district and we get the same amount as every other school even though our team can be twice as large as most rosters. It's just the way it is.
I bet I know which one is at $25k.

I used to coach at Spring Woods. We had about $500 in there. We would do stadium cleanups twice per year for about $500 each time. That was our food account for all-day meets.

Right now...our equipment budget is about $1500 for track and $1200 for XC. Uniform years get you an extra $1500/sport.

We're a large district and we get the same amount as every other school even though our team can be twice as large as most rosters.

It's just the way it is.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.