NBIN No Refunds?
03/20/2020 8:09:52 PM
Coach
New Balance just sent out an email stating that they will not be refunding any of the 1000's of athlete's entry fees from their event. The event being canceled is one thing and I can completely understand this, but for them to not refund the entry fees is completely unacceptable. I understand that the National Scholastic Athletics Foundation is a non-profit and survives off of these events and their entry fees, however New Balance, a $4.1 billion-dollar company, really needs to step up to the plate and fix this. For just the championship entries alone that is $147,360 or more if some were late entries. Here is the break down in entry fee totals: Individual events: $58,520 Relays: $81,840 Pentathlon: $7000 With the Emerging Elite, Freshman, and Junior High entries this would total somewhere around $400-500k. A small fraction to New Balance. Hopefully, they will step in and do the right thing for these athletes.
New Balance just sent out an email stating that they will not be refunding any of the 1000's of athlete's entry fees from their event. The event being canceled is one thing and I can completely understand this, but for them to not refund the entry fees is completely unacceptable. I understand that the National Scholastic Athletics Foundation is a non-profit and survives off of these events and their entry fees, however New Balance, a $4.1 billion-dollar company, really needs to step up to the plate and fix this. For just the championship entries alone that is $147,360 or more if some were late entries. Here is the break down in entry fee totals:
Individual events: $58,520
Relays: $81,840
Pentathlon: $7000
With the Emerging Elite, Freshman, and Junior High entries this would total somewhere around $400-500k. A small fraction to New Balance. Hopefully, they will step in and do the right thing for these athletes.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.