Training to run my first marathon. Looking for tips and stories from those who've run 26.2
10/28/2019 5:01:04 PM
User
Running a marathon has been a goal of mine for some time now. After being inspired by folks like Carmeron Hanes and Courtney Dauwaulter, I decided its time to train for a marathon. No better time to take action than the present, right? Here's where I am: I run 2-3 times a week. On a 4-5 mile run, I can keep a 7 or 8 minute/mile pace. Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to increase my distances. I've gone on a few longer runs on Saturday/Sunday mornings. So far, [url=http://www.apkcase.com/avg-cleaner-pro-apk/]Apkcase[/url] I've done four 10-mile runs (1 lap around the trail on town lake in Austin), and I also completed one 20-mile run (two laps around the trail). Here's my issue on these longer runs: I tend to feel the urge to stop and walk every few minutes when running longer distances and anytime I'm going for longer than like 45 minutes. Maybe I'll run for 5 mins then stop and walk for 1 or 2 minutes. I know that it takes time to get in shape to do longer distances, but I [url=http://www.apkcase.com/avg-cleaner-pro-apk/]Avg Cleaner Pro[/url] really want to work toward getting better at endurance during longer distances. I try to lift weights in the gym a few times a week as well. What should I do to improve my longer runs? Is this a typical urge of newer/inexperienced runners to stop and walk occasionally when they are new to running? I'd like to reach a point where I can go at one consistent pace for 3+ hours. This is my first time training for a marathon, and I'm really doing it all by myself so any general knowledge or experiences related to running your first marathon would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone :)
Running a marathon has been a goal of mine for some time now. After being inspired by folks like Carmeron Hanes and Courtney Dauwaulter, I decided its time to train for a marathon. No better time to take action than the present, right?

Here's where I am: I run 2-3 times a week. On a 4-5 mile run, I can keep a 7 or 8 minute/mile pace. Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to increase my distances. I've gone on a few longer runs on Saturday/Sunday mornings. So far, Apkcase I've done four 10-mile runs (1 lap around the trail on town lake in Austin), and I also completed one 20-mile run (two laps around the trail).

Here's my issue on these longer runs: I tend to feel the urge to stop and walk every few minutes when running longer distances and anytime I'm going for longer than like 45 minutes. Maybe I'll run for 5 mins then stop and walk for 1 or 2 minutes. I know that it takes time to get in shape to do longer distances, but I Avg Cleaner Pro really want to work toward getting better at endurance during longer distances.

I try to lift weights in the gym a few times a week as well.

What should I do to improve my longer runs? Is this a typical urge of newer/inexperienced runners to stop and walk occasionally when they are new to running? I'd like to reach a point where I can go at one consistent pace for 3+ hours.

This is my first time training for a marathon, and I'm really doing it all by myself so any general knowledge or experiences related to running your first marathon would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone :)
01/29/2020 3:56:18 AM
User
I like this
I like this
01/29/2020 4:20:52 AM
User
Marathon running above 26 miles distance needs a lot of preparations.I have no marathon running experiences, but I could share something good for you as I am a physical therapist.You should perform all the cardiovascular endurance exercises, anaerobic training for the best outcome.You could get many articles from the online on the cardiovascular training, currently I am writing an essay you may also [url=https://www.aresearchguide.com/essay-writing-service-reviews.html]read this post here[/url] for learning essay writing tips about different types of topics.But one thing you should not forget that this consistency of your training towards attainment of the fullest fitness
Marathon running above 26 miles distance needs a lot of preparations.I have no marathon running experiences, but I could share something good for you as I am a physical therapist.You should perform all the cardiovascular endurance exercises, anaerobic training for the best outcome.You could get many articles from the online on the cardiovascular training, currently I am writing an essay you may also read this post here for learning essay writing tips about different types of topics.But one thing you should not forget that this consistency of your training towards attainment of the fullest fitness
02/11/2020 6:19:13 AM
User
1. Keep a training log. ... 2. Increase weekly mileage by no more than 10 percent. ... 3. Include a “cut back” week. ... 4. Run three to four days a week. ... 5. Alternate a hard day with an easy day or a day off. ... 6. Take at least one day completely off per week. ... 7. Monitor your resting heart rate. ... 8. Consider cross-training one or two days a week.. [url=https://www.mybkexperience.xyz/]Mybkexperience[/url]
1. Keep a training log. ...
2. Increase weekly mileage by no more than 10 percent. ...
3. Include a "cut back" week. ...
4. Run three to four days a week. ...
5. Alternate a hard day with an easy day or a day off. ...
6. Take at least one day completely off per week. ...
7. Monitor your resting heart rate. ...
8. Consider cross-training one or two days a week..
Mybkexperience
02/11/2020 11:25:56 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Me to I am going to run my first Marathon any tips that I should train for
Me to I am going to run my first Marathon any tips that I should train for
02/27/2020 12:53:34 AM
User
The primary elements of marathon training are: Base mileage. Build your weekly mileage over time, running three-to-five times per week. The long run. Do a long run every 7–10 days so your body can adjust gradually to long distances. Speed work. Rest and recovery [url=https://www.yourtexasbenefits.me/]yourtexasbenefits[/url].
The primary elements of marathon training are: Base mileage. Build your weekly mileage over time, running three-to-five times per week. The long run. Do a long run every 7--10 days so your body can adjust gradually to long distances. Speed work. Rest and recovery yourtexasbenefits.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.