* Jimmy Wischusen of Union Catholic won the Bowdoin XC Classic over the weekend
Photo Credit: Todd McDonough
- - -
Minnesota, New York, Idaho, and other states hosted cross country meets that resulted in elite team matchups and individual competitions.
This week, there were a handful of MileSplit50 ranked teams that faced each other and put their best team forward for titles, personal bests and meet records.
Check out the links below to catch some of the highlights from the weekend and honorable mentions from individuals this weekend who put up some big performances.
From Around The MileSplit Network:
- At the Wingfoot XC Classic, both Joe Sapone and Ruby Little defended their titles. Sapone crossed the finish line a second ahead of Maxwell Hardin. Sapone clocked a 15:06.20 to snag the victory and earned a 187 speed rating. Little ran 18:08.50 for 5K to solidify her win.
- McKenzie Bailey left a statement at the Garmin MileSplit TX XC Invitational by posting a 17:56.20 for 5K performance in Denton, Texas.
- Angelina Napoleon clocked a 16:59.20 for three miles at the East Aurora Invitational to earn a 147 speed rating.
- Devan Kipyego of St. Raphael Academy (RI) broke Gavin Sherry's 14:58.57 meet record at the Ocean State XC Invitational in a 14:57. Kipyego was the only boy to break 15-minutes for 5K on this course. Karrie Baloga of Cornwall (NY) crossed the same finish line with a 17:07 to run the second-fastest time on this course behind Katelyn Tuohy's 16:06.
- And in a rewind from a Sept. 17 race out in the Pacific Northwest, Samy Anderson of Lincoln (OR) won the Northwest Classic XC with a 181 speed rating after cross the finish line 15:17.1, seven-tenths ahead of Crescent Valley's Kanoa Blake.
- Alexander Garcia-Silver and Hanne Thomsen stood out at the Nike Portland XC Oregon meet. Garcia-Silver finished the course in 14:55, and he was one of five boys to dip under 15-minutes for 5K. Thomsen won her third consecutive cross country individual title this season with a 16:49.20 5K personal best.
Page 2: Roy Griak showcased a head-to-head matchup between Wayzata (MN) and Cherry Creek (CO) girls teams
Page 3: Bowdoin XC Classic hosted MileSplit50 ranked teams
Page 4: Bob Firman Invitational didn't disappoint
Page 5: Top New York girl teams faced a battle at the 70th annual Baldwinsville Invitational
Page 6: Texas shines at HOKA/McNeil Invitational