* Neuqua Valley's Riley Ammenhauser set a US No. 3 mark in the triple jump this weekend and is a National Performer of the Week nominee for Week 9
- - -
Florida fans went to the polls for National Performer of the Week honors over the period of February 17-23.
After Piper (FL) High School sophomore Aaliyah Butler, a fast-rising talent who could become the state's next sprint star, registered a US No. 1 mark of 53.03 seconds at the USC Indoor Open at the University of South Carolina, she earned over 40-percent of the vote and won Week 8 of the NPOTW voting.
She also added a mark of 24.19 seconds in the 200m, and won both events.
We may see Butler again at New Balance Nationals Indoor before she transitions to the outdoor season, where Florida's already heating up.
A big congrats goes out to Butler on scoring the win.
Now, let's get to Week 9. Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight girls nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 25 Indoor Performances of the Week or our Top 10 Efforts of the Outdoor Track season. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
NPOTW Indoor Winners:
- Week 1: Nadia Saunders, North Rockland (NY)
- Week 2: Adia Palmer, Bishop Loughlin (NY)
- Week 3: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 4: Monique Hardy, Webster Thomas (NY)
- Week 5: Trinity Price, Buford (GA)
- Week 6: Chanice Spicer, Brewbaker Tech (AL)
- Week 7: Bailey Goggans, Marble Falls (TX)
- Week 8: Aaliyah Butler, Piper (FL)