* Flower Mound's Jarrett Kirk won the Nike South Invitational over the weekend at The Woodlands
- - -
We're officially hitting our stride in the cross country season. Week after week, athletes are delivering their best performances yet.
Who deserves National Performer of the Week honors?
Before we get to this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
Last week's voting turned into true chaos, as nearly 7,000 votes came in, many of which split between Burnt Hills' Tyler Berg, Flathead's Ben Perrin and Middletown's Conant Smith.
But we could only have one winner and that honor was bestowed on Berg, who earned 34-percent of the vote after winning the Baldwinsville Invitational in 14:35.20, leading Burnt Hills to a big win.
Perrin garnered 28-percent of the vote, while Smith earned 25-percent.
A big congratulations goes out to Berg on the honor.
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)