The Michigan Showdown That Came Down To The Final Seconds
- - -
It was the biggest test for both athletes thus far and neither backed down.
But someone had to win.
In the elite girls race at the Michigan State University Spartan Invitational on Friday on the Forest Akers East Golf Course in East Lansing, it was Adelyn Ackley who took that honor.
Both were nearly a minute ahead of the field, earning equal speed ratings of 150, respectively.
This marked the third straight win this season for Ackley, who finished 10th at Foot Locker Nationals in 2017, and a nine-second improvement from this same time a year ago.
Theis, meanwhile, has cruised ahead as Lansing Catholic's No. 1 since taking over the reigns for her sister, Olivia, who graduated and moved on to the University of Michigan.
Neither Ackley nor Jaden will race in the same division at the state championships in November, though both will likely be in contention for championships down the road. Much like last year, Michigan remains chalk full of national-caliber talent.
On the team front, Northville's girls finished first in the girls race, scoring 159 points.
- - -
Girls Results At MSU Spartan
|2||Jaden Theis||11||Lansing Catholic||17:16.50||2|
|4||Peyton Witt||12||Portage Northern||18:20.80||3|
Foster Dominantes In Elite Boys Race
- - -
Ann Arbor Pioneer's Nick Foster hit another gear in the final moments to earn a big win in the elite race, scoring a time of 15:09.20 and a speed rating of 191.
- Page 1: Grant Gardner Shines at BYU Autumn Classic
- Page 2: Don't Sleep On The Edina Boys Just Yet
- Page 3: Crazy Matchups At Woodbridge
- Page 4: Katelynne Hart Is Officially Back
- Page 5: The Illini Are Charging Forward
- Page 6: Charles Hicks Rolls To Big Win
- Page 7: Girls Midwest Potential Building At Trinity/Valkyrie
- Page 8: The Michigan Showdown That Came Down To The Final Seconds
- Page 9: The In-State Showdown That Was Won By 1-Point