New York State Meet Recap Day 1
- - -
1. Lanae-Tava Thomas is setting herself up for potentially four medals in Division I. On Friday she anchored two championship winning relays for Rush Henrietta in the 4x100 (46.89) and and 4x400 (3:52.52) and qualified herself through to the finals of the 100m (11.68, +2.7) and 200m (23.64, +3.1).
2. It was just a preliminary race, but down went the Division I boys record in the 100 meter dash. Taft's Carlon Hosten ran a wind-legal and personal best of 10.48 (+0.9) to set the tone and earn the top seed going into the finals on Saturday. Hosten surpassed a 14-year-old record of 10.61 seconds formerly held by Tyvon Branch of Cicero-North Syracause. Hosten also set the fastest 200m preliminary time in 21.13 (+2.0). In Division 2, Ardsley's Glenmour Osbourne tied the former 100m mark with a wind-legal time of 10.61 (+1.5).
3. While his brother, Isaiah, took up an invite to Brooks PR instead of the New York State meet, Elijah Claiborne won himself a title in the 800m with a time of 1:52.33 -- his brother finished eighth in Seattle in 1:53.11. The top eight athletes all ran under 1:54.
4. Saratoga Spring's Shea Weilbaker fought off a tough challenge from Corning's Quinn Nicholson to win the boys 3200m run in 9:07.26. That marked his first win at the distance after finishing 10th last year as a sophomore.
- Page 1: Katelyn Tuohy Breaks State Mark In The 3K
- Page 2: Emily Covert Breaks All-Time 3200m Mark In Minnesota
- Page 3: Wild Race In The Girls 2-Mile At Brooks PR
- Page 4: Fireworks In The boys 2-Mile In Seattle
- Page 5: Dive At The Line Earns Win For Ford In 400
- Page 6: Sloan Earns Big 1-On-1 Win Over Stark
- Page 7: Just two seconds separated first from 11th in 800m
- Page 8: Dustin Horter had his encore performance in the boys mile
- Page 9: Recapping the New York State Meet (Day 1)
- Page 10: Recapping The New York State Meet (Day 2)
- Page 11: Recapping The Minnesota State Meet
- Page 12: All The Coverage You Want From NJ's Meet Of Champs