Mwaura Takes Boys 2-Mile, Cole Sprout Rocks Sophomore Class Record
- - -
The boys 2-mile was just as thrilling.
While Portland Lincoln (WA) graduate James Mwaura hammered a major negative split on his second mile to win in 8:48.76, he had to go mano a mano with Valor Christian (CO) sophomore Cole Sprout, who finished in 8:49.46.
It was a wild race over the first four laps.
But with a mile to go, Mwaura took over. The Gonzaga recruit ran his fourth time under 9 minutes at either 2-miles or 3200m this spring.
That time for Sprout also set a sophomore class record at the distance, surpassing the former mark of 8:50.5, which was set in 1974 by Eric Hulst in 8:50.5.
Eight runners broke nine minutes in the 2-mile, including third-place Raff (8:51.66), Devin Hart (8:53.36), Oosting (8:53.46), Waskom (8:54.25), Cheeseman (8:57.33) and Johnson (8:59.20).
- Page 1: Katelyn Tuohy Breaks State Mark In The 3K
- Page 2: Emily Covert Breaks All-Time 3200m Mark In Minnesota
- Page 3: Wild Race In The Girls 2-Mile At Brooks PR
- Page 4: Fireworks In The boys 2-Mile In Seattle
- Page 5: Dive At The Line Earns Win For Ford In 400
- Page 6: Sloan Earns Big 1-On-1 Win Over Stark
- Page 7: Just two seconds separated first from 11th in 800m
- Page 8: Dustin Horter had his encore performance in the boys mile
- Page 9: Recapping the New York State Meet (Day 1)
- Page 10: Recapping The New York State Meet (Day 2)
- Page 11: Recapping The Minnesota State Meet
- Page 12: All The Coverage You Want From NJ's Meet Of Champs