New York State Meet Recap Day 2
- - -
1. Rush Henrietta junior Lanae-Tava Thomas finished off her immaculate state performance with two more state titles in the 100m and 200m. After cleaning up as an anchor for two Day 1 relay titles, Thomas scored first with a 100m win in a time of 11.65 (+1.6) and then added a second tally later in 24.10 (+1.3).
2. North Rockland's Katelyn Tuohy didn't score a sophomore class record in the 1500m, but she did come close to Mary Cain's mark of 4:11.01, running a US No. 14 all-time run of 4:14.45 to win her second event in two days. That also gave her a new US No. 1 and it was 13 seconds faster than Reilly Siebert's time of 4:27.69, a US No. 5 performance. Ursuline's Lily Flynn finished in 4:27.80, a US No. 6 time.
3. Spencerport's Vanessa Watson scored her first state title in the 400m, crossing the line in 59.46 seconds. While it wasn't a personal best, it was her third time under 60 seconds at the distance.
4. Northport's Elijah Claiborne secured a title in the 800m on Day 1. And then he came back with an impressive double the next day, executing on his race plan for a title in the 1600m in 4:10.01.
5. Queens of HS Teaching senior Sophia Myers went 13.86 (-0.2) to win in the 100mH, entering the top 50 marks nationally.
- Page 1: Katelyn Tuohy Breaks State Mark In The 3K
- Page 2: Emily Covert Breaks All-Time 3200m Mark In Minnesota
- Page 3: Wild Race In The Girls 2-Mile At Brooks PR
- Page 4: Fireworks In The boys 2-Mile In Seattle
- Page 5: Dive At The Line Earns Win For Ford In 400
- Page 6: Sloan Earns Big 1-On-1 Win Over Stark
- Page 7: Just two seconds separated first from 11th in 800m
- Page 8: Dustin Horter had his encore performance in the boys mile
- Page 9: Recapping the New York State Meet (Day 1)
- Page 10: Recapping The New York State Meet (Day 2)
- Page 11: Recapping The Minnesota State Meet
- Page 12: All The Coverage You Want From NJ's Meet Of Champs