2012 Indoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
- Video Coverage Page (56 interviews! Check out what the athletes had to say!)
- Winners Table by day
- Feature Stories by Geoff Decker
- Photo Albums
- Live results link
- NY Coverage at New Balance Nationals
- PA Coverage at New Balance Nationals
- FL Coverage at New Balance Nationals
- New England Coverage at New Balance Nationals
- NJ Coverage at New Balance Nationals
Sunday National Championship Highlights
Dior Hall (CO) blasted a US#3 All-Time in the 60 Hurdles of 8.19. (Photo by Tim O'Dowd)
Graham takes 400 gold and Wakefield adds 4x200 and 4x400 titles. (Photo by Don Rich)
- Wakefield (NC) won the 4x200 in 1:36.35 for a meet record, the 4x400 in 3:43.01 and Ariah Graham added a 400 dash victory in 53.95.
- Boys & Girls (NY) won the boys 4x400 to close out the meet and add to their 4x800 title from yesterday with a time of 3:16.78.
- Aldrich Bailey battled with Najee Glass in the boys 400 dash as Glass won in 46.57 to 46.59. Bailey then came back in the 200 dash and won with a time of 21.07.
- Dior Hall (CO), only a sophomore, won the girls 60m Hurdles with a US#3 All-Time clocking of 8.19.
- Ben Malone (NJ) came from behind to close out the 800 in style with a US#1 1:49.94 clocking over Zavon Watkins (NY) 1:50.11. Ned Willig (PA) led from the gun but faded to 3rd in 1:51.59.
- Brad Nye (UT) pulled off a solid Mile victory over a tired Cheserek with a tremendous last lap in 4:08.67.
- Destiny Gause (OH) won the 200 dash from the first heat with a time of 23.82.
- Carmen Carlos (AL) won a very close 2 mile battle over Rachel Paul in 10:25.30 to 10:25.82.
- Trenton (NJ) won a very fast 4x200 with a time of 1:28.46.
- Donovan Robertson (OH) took the boys 60m Hurdles with a time of 7.70.
- Jennifer Madu (TX) won the girls 60m Dash with a time of 7.32.
- Tevon Hester won the boys 60m Dash with a time of 6.72.
- Edward Cheserek (NJ) added the 2 Mile victory to his DMR and SMR titles with a solo time of 8:50.53.
- Avana Story (GA) won the weight throw as the US#2 All-Time individual with a US#11 All-Time toss of 63-01.50.
Saturday National Championship Highlights
Tatnall celebrate their 4xMile victory.
Chariho boys all smiles after their 4xMile National Record!
- Boys & Girls (NY) won the boys 4x800 with an amazing 7:41.10 for US#2 All-Time. Splits were Richard Rose 1:54.97, Darrell Williams 1:56.00, Javaun Grant 1:58.14, and Robert Rhodes 1:51.64. Rhodes got the baton 20 yards down and pulled it all back within 100 meters, then with 2 laps to go he put on the after-burners and finished off an amazing leg with the win!
- Fayetteville-Manlius (NY) won the girls 4x800 relay with a time of 8:58.18 for US#4 All-Time.
- Chariho (RI) boys rolled to a new national record of 17:20.20 in the boys 4xMile!
- Hillhouse (CT) won the girls SMR with a US#1 clocking of 4:00.58.
- St. Benedict's Prep won the boys SMR with a US#1 time of 3:25 off of Cheserek's 1:50.4 closing split. Liverpool NY came on strong at the end for a close 2nd with Zavon Watkins splitting 1:49.09.
- Jacob Blankenship (OH) won the boys pole vault with a leap of 17-00.
- Precious Holmes rolled in the 400 trials to a time of 54.04, a new US#1.
- Abby Dunn (ME) won the girls Mile racewalk with a time of 7:28.13.
- Kendell Williams (GA) won the girls Pentathlon with a solid 3740 points.
- Jake Lazas (TN) won the boys Pentathlon with 3855 points.
- Tatnall (DE) girls ran an impressive US#2 All-Time 20:00.97 in the 4xMile relay! Splits were Julie Williams 5:03, Rebecca Salter 5:04, Reagan Anderson 4:59 and Haley Pierce 4:54. The time is also an Armory record.
- Martin Luther King (GA) burned up the track with a blazing US#4 All-Time clocking of 1:36.79! Wakefield (NC) won their heat with a US#2 time of 1:38.26.
- Jackson Memorial torched the track in the 4x55 Shuttle Hurdle relay with a time of 30.13 for a new Armory record.
- Trinity Wilson (CA) ran a meet record time of 8.26 in her prelim heat of the 60m Hurdles.
Friday National Championship Highlights
Ches had to work for it in the DMR. (Photo by Don Rich)
- Erin Finn (MI) won the girls 5000 meter run with a National Record time of 16:19.69 after running away from the field early! Haley Pierce was 2nd, also under the old record, with an impressive time of 16:31.86.
- Grosse Pointe South MI won the girls DMR with an impressive 11:39.29. Academy of Notre Dame PA was 2nd with a time of 11:48.30.
- St. Benedict's Prep NJ won the boys DMR with a time of 10:10.08 and Edward Cheserek anchored with a solid 4:08 leg. Piscataway NJ was 2nd with a time of 10:10.63.
- Daniel Lennon (Peru NY) won a tight battle with a time of 14:37.25 over Idaho's Dallin Farnsworth with a time of 14:37.32.
- Kendell Williams (GA) won the girls high jump with a leap of 5-11.25
Emerging Elite Highlights
- Racquel Moses (Milford Mills) won the girls 60 hurdles with a time of 8.63 for a new meet record and also won the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.80.
- Amelia Brohman won the girls 60 meter dash with a meet record time of 7.61.
- Vicent Lowe won the boys 60 meter dash, also in a meet record, with a time of 6.88.
- Caela Williams (Penn Wood) won the girls 400 meter dash with a time of 56.67 to go well under the meet record.
- Hannah Meader (VA) won the girls pole vault with a meet record vault of 12-4.
- Brittany Neeley won the girls 800 meter dash with a quick time of 2:14.77.
- Westwood NJ won the girls 4x800 meter relay with a time of 9:26.38.
- Mount Tabor (NC) won the boys 4x800 meter relay with a time of 7:56.08 for a new meet record.
- Robert Hovanec won the boys 400 meter dash with a performance of 49.89.
- Everett Price won the boys 800 meter dash with a meet record time of 1:54.13.
- Millford Mill Academy won the girls 4x200 meter relay with a meet record time of 1:44.17.
- Alex Moran (PA) won the boys mile run with a meet record clocking of 4:17.19.
- Madeleine Berkson (Classical) won the girls mile in a meet record time of 4:58.48.
- Neptune NJ won the girls 4x400 meter relay with a meet record clocking of 3:58.85.
- Battlefield VA won the girls sprint medley with a time of 4:08.13.
- Preview Articles
- Entries as of 3/7/12