* Akala Garrett (left) won the second NPOTW Week for the outdoor season; Cynteria James (right) is a nominee for Week 3 of the season
- - -
Competing in one tough meet a week can be a challenge. Harding University's (NC) Akala Garrett competed in two meets in one week and made a statement.
She first competed at the Hough Meet #1 where she won the 300mH in 40.62. Within the next couple days, she lined up at the Beach Run Invitational and sprinted to a 13.46 (+3.2) in the 100mH and then ran the nation's fastest time in the 400mH with a 58.25.
Last week, Garrett earned about 77-percent of the votes to be named this week's National Girls Performer Of The Week.
Now it's time to vote for the next outdoor National Girls Performer Of The Week.
MileSplit will recognize a winner every week in this poll, with nominations handed out on Monday. The poll will end on Friday and winners will be announced the following Monday.
NPOTW Outdoor Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Micayah Holland, Montverde Academy (FL)
- Week 2 Winner: Akala Garrett, Harding University (NC)
NPOTW Indoor Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Shawnti Jackson, Cardinal Gibbons (NC)
- Week 2 Winner: Taylor McKinnon, Cardinal Gibbons (NC)
- Week 3 Winner: Giavonni Meeks, Northfield (CO)
- Week 4 Winner: Haley Tate, Katy Seven Lakes (TX)
- Week 5 Winner: Kaniya Johnson, Lowndes (GA)
- Week 6 Winner: Autumn Wilson, St. Dominic Savio Catholic (TX)
- Week 7 Winner: Trinity Franklin, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 8 Winner: Veronica Vacca, Mount Saint Joseph Academy (PA)
- Week 9 Winner: Devyn Parham, Thomas Dale (VA)
- Week 10 Winner: Autumn Wilson, St. Dominic Savio Catholic (TX)
- Week 11 Winner: Avery Lewis, Friends' Central (PA)