Javonte' Harding Also Runs Emerging Elite Record, US No. 5 6.77 in 60m Dash
- - -
If the early sprint performances at New Balance Nationals are any indication of what's to come, then we are in for quite a treat.
Not to be outdone by Kimberly Harris' Emerging Elite 60m dash record, Prince George (VA)'s Javonte' Harding threw down an incredible US No. 5 time of 6.77 seconds to bring home the win on the boys side.
Harding is coming off a Virginia Class 5A state title in the 55 meter dash (6.38). And he shattered the record, too, running a tenth of a second better than the three who were tied for the record at 6.87.
He is also entered in the Championship 200 with a seed time of 22.29 and is entered as a leg on the Royal Nation Emerging Elite 4x200 relay squad. Fellow statesman Tyler Thompson (Woodside, VA) also ran under the record, hitting a US No. 20 6.85 for second.
Other Notable Morning Session Performances:
- Willie Johnson - East St. Louis (IL) - Emerging Elite 400m 48.39 (US No. 14)
- Victoria Bossong - Cheverus (ME) - Emerging Elite 400m 55.28 (US No. 14)
- Megan Mann - Lee Davis (VA) - Emerging Elite Shot Put 44-3.25 (US No. 12)
- Na'Taja Ballard - Western Branch (VA) - Emerging Elite 60m Hurdles 8.49 (Tied Meet Record, US No. 11)
- Page 1: Kimberly Harris Earns EE Championship Record In 60m
- Page 2: Harding Scores 60m Record In Boys EE Championship
- Page 3: MD Jaguars Out-lean Motor City TC in Emerging Elite Sprint Medley
- Page 4: Cheeseman Uses Big Kick To Secure 5000 Meter National Championship
- Page 5: Morgan Smalls Clears US No. 2 All-Time 6-3.25 For High Jump Championship
- Page 6: Tuohy, Affolder Secure Huge DMR Victories For North Rockland, Loudoun Valley