VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The 4x200m at the VA Showcase might not have been a national record, but it was pretty close.
On Saturday Archbishop Carroll (DC) lined up Dezmone Starks, Jake Odey-Jordan, Chase DeJesus, and Damill Bostic in the invitational race to face Oscar Smith (VA), IMG Academy (FL) and Bowie (MD) in the final section.
From the start of the gun, the Lions were in control by a few stride lengths over Oscar Smith. Bostic anchored the relay team to the victory in a 1:25.79. This is the fastest time in the nation so far this year and the winning team was less than two-tenths of a second off the national record set by the Bullis School (MD) in 2019 with a 1:25.60.
Oscar Smith finished with a close second in 1:26.01 and IMG Academy was third in 1:26.28.
Archbishop Carroll holds the No. 2 all-time mark of 1:25.63 from when they ran at last year's adidas Track Nationals in March. So far in high school history, Bullis School and Archbishop Carroll are the only two programs to dip under 1:26 in this event.
- VA Showcase: Breaking Down All The Top Action From Day 1
- WATCH: Mia Brahe-Pedersen Goes 22.92 In 200m Season Debut
- WATCH: Quincy Wilson Wows Again, Clocks No. 2 All-Time 500m
- WATCH: Logan St. John Kletter Makes Winning Move
- WATCH: Adaejah Hodge Enters Into The Sub-37 Club In The 300m
- McKenzie Travis Gets DQ'ed, Then Recovers For New U.S. No. 1 55m
Photo Credit: Dan Loughlin / MileSplit