Shamar Heard, MileSplit's No. 15 recruit in the Class of 2024, had an extensive recruiting process as he narrowed down his top six schools to Michigan, Texas, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee.
Over the weekend, he committed to the University of Tennessee.
Throughout his track career, Heard has been a standout performer for Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (MI) High School.
The talented Michigan star, who previously played football before focusing on track, goes to school 30 miles north of Detroit and has three state titles across all sprint disciplines on his resume.
In January, 2023, MileSplit named him its No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2024 during its second update of the class' recruiting rankings. While injury limited Heard somewhat over the last year, he was still effective as a sprinter and won an AAU Junior Olympic Games title in the 400m.
* Shamar Heard goes 46.02 to win the AAU Junior Olympic title and set a Michigan all-time state record in the 400m
- - -
On the outdoor oval, Heard secured wind-legal marks of 10.77 in the 100m, 21.06 in the 200m and 46.02 in the 400m.
His time in the 200m equals the fourth-fastest time in Michigan history, while his 400m best is tops in Michigan history. He's won back-to-back 400m titles at the AAU Junior Olympic Games over the last two years.
At the national level, Heard was a New Balance Nationals Indoor bronze medalist this indoor season as he set a new 400m personal best of 47.62.
He also holds lifetime indoor bests of 21.67 in the 200m and 34.00 seconds in the 300m.
Heard is four-time AAU Junior Olympic champion. Along with his 400m titles, he wins in the 200m and long jump in 2021.
- Recruiting Rundown Series Page
- Here's Your National Signing Day Hub. All You Need To Know.
- 'I'm A Cali Girl At Heart.' Mia Brahe-Pedersen Picks USC
- Humphries Twins Verbally Commit To Oregon
- Anthony Fast Horse Makes Commitment To Oregon
- Emarie Jackson, Shot Put Champion, Commits To Delaware
- MileSplit College Signings: Class Of 2024