* Sianna Wynn (left) won this week's NPOTW poll; Jane Hedengren (right) is a nominee for this week's Performer Of The Week
- - -
A freshman from Pennsauken (NJ) climbed up the state's leaderboard at the NJSIAA Group Championships.
Sianni Wynn grabbed victories in the 100m and 400m while being the second-fastest girl in the 200m. She was able to execute wind-legal personal bets of 11.82 (+0.0), 24.38 (-0.6) and was the fastest girl nationwide last week in the quarter with a 53.97.
During the week, Wynn became this week's National Girls Performer Of The Week by earning 85 percent of the votes.
This will mark our last and final National Performer Of The Week poll powered by TrackBarn for the 2022-2023 season. If selected as National Girls Performer Of The Week, please send mailing addresses to email@example.com to receive your backpack courtesy of TrackBarn.
It's time to vote for this week's NPOTW. The poll will end on Friday and winners will be announced the following Monday.
* Sianni Wynn ran a personal best of 53.97 to win the 400m at the NJSIAA Group Championships
- - -
Here are the nominations for the Nationals Girls Performer Of The Week:
Mia Brahe-Pedersen, Lake Oswego (OR): After finishing second at the Brooks PR Invitational in the 100m on Wednesday, Brahe-Pedersen turned around and won two titles at the Nike Outdoor Nationals in the sprints. The junior clocked the second-fastest wind-legal 200m performance in high school history at 22.43 (+0.2). Allyson Felix, who has a national high school record of 22.11 (-0.5), is the only girl who ran faster. In the 100m, Brahe-Pedersen won the title in 11.11 (+0.2).
Akala Garrett, Albemarle (NC): On Wednesday, Garrett clocked a wind-legal 100mH performance of 13.13 (+0.6), which was a new meet record and a US No. 1 time at the Brooks PR Invitational. In the same week, she won the Nike Outdoor National title in 13.37 (-0.1) and set a new season's best to win the 400mH title in 57.25.
Camden Bentley, Gah. Lincoln (OH): The Kentucky recruit took down a completely loaded 100mH field at the New Balance Nationals Outdoors. Every individual lined up in the race was ranked in the top 35 in the nation this spring. Bentley set a new meet record of 13.36 (-0.3) in the heats and crossed the finish line as the champion in 13.41 (-1.5).
Jane Hedengren, Timpview (UT): The sophomore racked up titles over the last week at the Brooks PR Invitational and Nike Outdoor Nationals. First, she won the mile title in Seattle with a record-breaking performance. She clocked 4:35.69 to be US No. 1 and was able to take down Juliette Whittaker's meet record of 4:36.24. In Eugene, Hedengren set an overall sophomore class record en route to the two mile victory with a 9:54.38.
JaiCieonna Gero-Holt, Governor John Rogers (WA): Gero-Holt set a new US No. 1 in the high jump with a 6-0.5 to win the Nike Outdoor Nationals title.
Leah Howard, Millville (NJ): Howard, the fifth-best javelin thrower in the country, threw 159-4 to win her first NJSIAA State Meet Of Champions title.
NPOTW Outdoor Season Winners:
- Week 1: Kennedy Jacquet, Humble Atascocita (TX)
- Week 2: Rylee Hampton, Houston Cypress Ridge (TX)
- Week 3: Hana Moll, Capital (WA)
- Week 4: Myla Greene, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 5: Lauren Lewis, Prosper (TX)
- Week 6: Karrie Baloga, Cornwall (NY)
- Week 7: Jessica Secor, Dupont Manuel (KY)
- Week 8: Victoria Cameron, Stephenville (TX)
- Week 9: Akala Garrett, Albemarle (NC)
- Week 10: Evelyn Bliss, Union (PA)
- Week 11: Shawnti Jackson, South Granville (NC)
- Week 12: Sianni Wynn, Pennsauken (NJ)
NPOTW Indoor Season Winners:
- Week 1: Cady McPhail, Chelsea (AL)
- Week 2: Tyler Glover, Ardery Kell (NC)
- Week 3: Sophia Gorriaran, Moses Brown School (RI)
- Week 4: Taylor Cox, Union Catholic (NJ)
- Week 5: Cady McPhail, Chelsea (AL)
- Week 6: Shawnti Jackson, South Granville (NC)
- Week 7: Kennedy Flynn, The Bullis School (MD)
- Week 8: Karrie Baloga, Cornwall (NY)
- Week 9: Cady McPhail, Chelsea (AL)
- Week 10: Mia Brahe-Pedersen, Lake Oswego (OR)
- Week 11: Hana Moll, Capital (WA)
- Week 12: Brianna Selby, Indian River (VA)
- Week 13: Akala Garrett, Albemarle (NC)
- Week 14: Adaejah Hodge, Montverde Academy (FL)
- Week 15: Veronica Vacca, Mount Saint Joseph Academy (PA)