MileSplit's third and final film featuring young women with powerful stories features Carly McNatt, a high school senior at Montverde Academy. A year ago, while filming in Bradenton, Florida, McNatt was a student-athlete at IMG Academy. An elite distance runner in cross country with two national qualifications, two All-American honors and a state cross country title, McNatt is counted among Florida's best. She's also claimed PRs of 4:58.17 for 1,600m and 11:06.04 for two miles.
In this feature, McNatt discusses her decision two years ago to speak out on social media about her personal struggle with health, then outlines how she persevered to get back on track, despite multiple setbacks. Today, at 18, she's discovered a path toward her future, one she knows will be full of new accomplishments and joys.
- Site Producer: Olivia Ekpone
- Film Production: Alexandra Vivas
- Editing: Cory Mull & Reshma Kirplani
- Supervising Producer: Cliff Bogart
- Additional Support: Olivia Ekpone, Joe Battaglia, Bryan Deibel, Efren Salinas and Stephanie Huettner
More MileSplit Features: