3 Sub 5 Girls In 1 Race - Catherine Pagano (NJ) 4:53, Bella Burda (NY) 4:59, & Marissa Sheva (PA) 4:50 all showed quick turnover from XC in Bishop Loughlin Games mile.
Highlights, coverage, and results from the top meets across the country on the weekend of December 20th. Check back all weekend long with updates on the top national performances in high school indoor track & field!
Twitter UpdatesTweets by @milesplit
- Bishop Loughlin Games (NY) - Richard Rose (Boys & Girls) drops new PR, US #1, US #4 All-Time 1:18.4 600m, just one second off the national record, while Rai Benjamin (Mount Vernon) blazes US #1 33.81 300m. Benjamin splits 22 high to aid Mt. Vernon to US #6 1:31.2 prelim win in 4x200m, though Newburgh wins final in 1:29.31 to remain national leaders. Jared Lovelace (Archbishop Molloy) is first athlete to clear 50 ft this year w/US #1 50-00.5 TJ! Sam Ritz (Germantown Academy, PA) races US #1 2:28.81 1k. Taft twins Ariel and Arianne Strunkey sweep the 300m with US #2 38.80 and US #3 39.14. The morning girls session had a lot of great times including US #1's in 55 from Brenessa Thompson (NY) in 7.02 clocking, while second day in a row a nation's best time has happened at Armory in 600 with Amanda Crawford (NY) chopping off 2 seconds in 1:33.93. Fast girls mile with 3 under 5 minutes with US #2 4:50 win from Marissa Sheva (PA) followed by Catherine Pagano (NJ) in 4:53 & Bella Burda (NY) in 4:59. Foot Locker finalist Anna Flynn (NY) wins 2 mile in US #3 10:51.65, Jessica Drop (CT) takes 1000 in US #2 2:57. The Bronxville girls continued the strong distance performances of the day with a US #2 9:30 4x800m. Benjamin Cardozo closes out the girls' meet with a US #2 3:53 4x400m, featuring stud transfer Emma Gallagher. Boys finals on tap! Mykele Sanders (Dover, DE) clocks US #5 7.47 55H, while runner-up Sydney Gibbons runs NY #1 7.49. Stephen Garrett (Tatnall, DE) races US #1 9:19.58 Two Mile, which stands as national No. 2 clocking including converted 3,200m results. Ryan Herrera-Murphy (Iona Prep, NY) clears US #6 15-0 PV. Xavier US #1 8:03 4x800m. Paul Robeson races US #2 3:26 4x400m.
- Boo Williams Winter Break Invitational (VA) - Western Branch (VA) relays were rolling on Saturday, shattering the 4x400m record in 3:52.63 for a new US #1 time by nearly four seconds! That race capped a solid morning for the WB branch crew, which included a boys & girls sweep of the 4x200s, including US #2 1:42.60 from their girls (B Squad ran 1:43.85 for 2nd!). Shuttle hurdles relay had two meet records from Western Branch girls (31.77) & I.C. Norcom boys (30.61). Western Branch also had an individual US #2 performance from Jewel Smith, who launched a 18'11.25" mark in girls long jump on day 2. Grant Holloway (Grassfield VA) lowers US #1 time in 55H down to 7.24! Carolyn Brown (Phoebus VA) rolls to US #3 7.08 in girls 55 finals. Maggie Walker (VA) girls 4x800 win in US #4 9:46.89.
- NCRunners Holiday Invitational (NC) - All-American hurdler Anna Cockerell (NC) posted a US #2 8.00 in prelims of girls 55H, but then in finals shifted another gear to clock US #1 7.88 & NC #2 all-time! One of the top returning jumpers in the country, Sydnei Murphy (NC) can also fly on track and over the long jump pit! US #2 7.05 in 55 dash & US #1 19-2.75! Ryan Frazier (NC) races US #1 4:49.78 1600m over fellow Foot Locker finalist Libby Davidson (VA), Nevada Moreno (NC) & Malia Ellington (NC). Ellington comes back to win the 1k, racing US #7 with a 3:00.41 clocking. Elijah Inuwa clocks US #1 2:29.97 1k, which is also NC #4 All-Time! Parkland girls race US #1 1:40.21 4x200m, with Cary right behind for US #2, then double back for US #3 3:54.64 4x400m! Tia Robinson (Wakefield) blazes US #4 1:16.93 500m. Nicole Greene (Ponte Vedra, FL) clears US #1 5-10 HJ. On the boys side, Marcus Krah (Hillside) clocks US #2 7.29 55H in the prelims, US #4 23-0! How fast can he go in the finals?
- MSTCA Winter Festival (MA) - Joe Luongo of St. John's Prep (MA) wins 600 in US #3 1:22.60. Sophomore Gianna Mastromatteo (St. Peter Marian) races US #3 2:56.34 1k at Small Schools meet. Kevin Hack (Nipmuc) clears 6-4
- Demarest Invitational (NJ) - Hannah Taylor (Montgomery, NJ) cleared US #2 5-8 HJ. Alyssa Wilson (Donovan Catholic, NJ) threw the shot put for 42-8.75 for new US #3!
- Winter Track Festival (MD) - Chantilly athletes kept the national leaderboards within their sights as teammates Titus Jeffries blasts US #4 1:06.48 500M and Brandon McGorty (just a sophomore!) ran US #6 4:22.89 1600. Distance relays were also strong as Lake Braddock boys raced US #2 8:06.36 4x800 & Patriot girls clocked US #3 9:40.03 4x800, Lake Braddock girls in second ran US #6 9:45.88. Nicole Grier-Spratley ties for US #3 5-6 HJ. Maria Muzzio throws for US #5 42-6.5 shot put.
- Jim Mitchell Invitational (NY) - Super soph Sydney McLaughlin (Union Catholic NJ) clocks swift US #1 38.52 300 in season debut! She wasn't done either with her 300 race as she also posted another US #1, but in the 55 hurdles with a 7.94 clocking. Another soph in Kamryn McIntosh (Suffern NY) breaks meet record in 600 with US #2 1:35.23 victory! US #1 times in the 1000 for Kaitlyn Ryan (Bronxville NY) in 2:55.77. Mikey Brannigan (Northport NY) in 2:30.05
- M.I.T.S. - EMU #1 (MI) - Anna Jefferson (Oak Park MI) blasts US #1 56.40 in 400!
- RITCA Invitational (RI) - Defending national champ Adam Kelly (Barrington) throws for a big PR, US #1 80-01.5 in the weight throw. La Salle teammates David Principe, Jr. and Matt Bouthilette swept the 3k with US #1 8:46.45 & US #2 8:46.53, while La Salle's Eliza Rego ran US #3 10:27.15 for the distance.
- And more!