2013 Cross Country Highlights
Seeing double? The Hasz twins go 1-2 at NXN Heartland! (Photo by Jesse Coy)
Addison DeHaven is back in form and won big with the CR! (Photo by Jesse Coy)
- Photos by Jesse Coy
- Championship Girls Results
- Championship Boys Results
- Girls Championship Preview
- Boys Championship Preview
- Girls Championship Race - Bethany and Megan Hasz (MN) roll to a 1-2 finish! Bethany was clocked in 17:17.5 for the win, a new course record, taking out Katie Flood's 17:19 from 2009. Megan was 2nd in 17:21.5. McKenzie Yanek (IA) finished 3rd in 17:43.4, Karissa Schweizer (IA) was 4th in 17:51.4 and Jenna Truedson (MN) finished 5th in 17:54.6. Wayzata (MN) won the girls team title with 118 points to qualify for nationals and and East Ridge (MN) finished 2nd with 190 points and will join them.
- Boys Championship Race - Addison DeHaven (SD) won the individual race with a huge sprint battle over Obsa Ali (MN). DeHaven broke Jake Leingang's 15:16 course record with his time of 15:08.9. The top-4 were all under the record as well. Ali came in at 15:11.6. Stuart McNutt (KS) came on strong for 3rd with a time of 15:13.8, Chandler Austin (IA) was 4th in 15:14.7 and Albert Meier (IA) finished 5th in 15:18.6. Edina came on strong in the last mile and took out Wayzata (MN) for the team title 106 to 135 as both teams qualify for nationals.
Fayetteville-Manlius girls dominated states, made big statement to the nation. (Photo by dpemrick)
The finish in the boys A race was one for the books! Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
Megan Reilly and Katie Lembo battled to incredible course record times. (Photo by dpemrick)
- Complete Girls Coverage Article
- Complete Boys Coverage Article
- Photos by Kyle Brazeil
- Photos by dpemrick
- Video Interviews and Full Race Footage
- Complete Preview Article
- Girls A - Fayetteville-Manlius (NY) proved their #1 ranking by dominating their race at state over Saratoga Springs by a score of 31 to 67. With an 18:08 average they were 31 seconds faster than 2nd place. Megan Reilly (Warwick Valley) stepped up to defend her title and crushed the course record with a time of 17:23.50. The course record belonged to fellow Warwick Valley runner and Foot Locker champion Aislinn Ryan. Katie Lembo (Penfield) finished 2nd in 17:33.70 and was also under the record.
- Boys A - Bryce Millar (Fayetteville-Manlius) won a tight boys race as the top-3 all broke the course record. Millar won in 15:06.3. Mike Brannigan (Northport) was second in 15:06.6. Mickey Burke (Rush-Henrietta) finished third in 15:07.3. Fayetteville-Manlius (NY) ran away with the team title with 37 points. Northport defeated Saratoga Springs on a tie-breaker for second as both teams scored 61 points.
- Boys B - T.J. Hornberger (Lake Shore) won a three way senior battle in 15:16.3. Ryan Udvadia (Shoreham) was 2nd in 15:19.3 and Brian Cook (Pearl River) was 3rd in 15:19.8.
Perrier took care of busines at the IL state meet. (Photo by Colin Boyle)
- 3A Boys - Patrick Perrier (O'Fallon) won the state title in 14:21, doing what he had to do to win. Jesse Reiser (McHenry) was 2nd in 14:22. Hinsdale Central won the team title with 99 points and a 32 second spread.
- 3A Girls - Mimi Smith (New Trier) won the girls title in 16:43 with Alexa Haff (Hinsdale Central) 2nd in 16:45. Glenbard West won an amazing team battle with 75 points over Naperville North, 112 points, New Trier, 173 points, and Palatine, 214 points.
- 2A Girls - Mailin Struck (Riverside-Brookfield) won individually with the fastest time of the day, a 16:35 clocking.
- 1A Girls - Anna Sophia Keller (Effingham) won with a time of 16:35, also tied for fastest of the day.
- 2A Boys - John Wold (Glenbard South) won the boys title with a time of 14:38.
Alexa Efraimson won the 4A title with a big course record! (Photo from wiaawa)
Tanner Anderson with Joe Hardy and John Dressel in pursuit during the 3A race. (Photo by Jennifer Vandine)
Just how close was the finish between Anderson and Hardy? Yeah that's close! (Photo by Jennifer Vandine)
Video interviews by Runnerspace.com
- Boys 3A - Tanner Anderson (North Central) runs a huge upset over Joe Hardy (Seattle Prep) to set the meet record in 14:44.83! Hardy was 2nd in 14:45.16. John Dressel (Mount Spokane) was 3rd in 14:53.36 and Kai Wilmot (North Central) was 4th in 15:05.89. North Central won the team title with 41 points and Kamiakin was 2nd with 70 points. Nathan Hale finished 3rd with 86 points.
- Girls 4A - Alexa Efraimson (Camas) rolled to an amazing meet record clocking of 17:01 to win the individual title.
- Boys 4A - Gig Harbor boys swept the top-3 places to win the team title with 37 points. Logan Carroll won in 15:06.37, Wolfgang Beck finished 2nd in 15:09.28 and Tristan Peloquin was 3rd in 15:14.24.
McNulty is undefeated on the year in MA.
Paul Hogan smashes the CR with his 15:08 clocking.
- Photos by Newton Sports Photography
- Video Interviews and Race Footage
- Complete Coverage Page and Articles
- Abbie Mcnulty (Bishop Feehan) won the girls Division 3 race with the fastest time of the day, a 17:39 clocking. Bishop Feehan also took care of business by winning the team race with 49 points.
- In the boys Division 4 race Paul Hogan ran the fastest time of the meet with a 15:08.60 clocking. Christian Strafford finished 2nd in 15:24.10 to lead Pembroke to a dominating team title with just 39 points.
- Samuel Conway (Minnechaug) won the boys Division 1 race with a time of 16:28. Amherst-Pelham won the team title with 87 points.
- In the girls Division 2 race Emily Kaegi (Mount Greylock) won with a time of 19:20.
- Chris Skelly (North Middlesex) won the boys Division 1 race with the fastest time of the day, a 14:55.7 clocking over 3 miles. St. John's won over Shrewsbury 60 to 72.
- Jessie Cardin (Sutton) won the girls Division 2 race with a quick 17:20.9 clocking, which was the fastest of the day. Tyngsborough won the team title with 57 points.
Frank Lara took top honors in the boys 5A race. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
Paige Hofstad ran away from the field in the girls 5A race. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
- Race Videos
- Photos by Alex Aldaco
- LIVE Coverage and tweets
- Complete Results
- Complete Coverage and recap articles
- 5A Girls - Paige Hofstad (New Braunfels) won individually with a time of 17:36.45 to win by over 10 seconds. Southlake Carroll won a close team battle with 110 points over New Braunfels, 116, and College Park, 117 points.
- 5A Boys - Frank Lara (Strake Jesuit) was the boys winner in a battle with a 15:26.25 clocking. Jacob Pickle (Southlake Carroll) was 2nd in 15:31.08 and Austen Dalquist (Keller) was 3rd in 15:33.11. Southlake Carroll won a close race with College Park 80 to 85.
- 4A Girls - Natalie Rathjen (Dallas Highland Park) won individually as the only runner under 18 with a clocking of 17:41.78.
Sukhi Khosla was dominant in the boys 3A race. (Photo by Donald Lamb)
- Complete Coverage
- Complete Results
- Photos by Donald Lamb and Randy Settle
- Photos by Dean Headley
- Photos by Mattsdad
- Interviews and Race Highlight Videos
- 3A Boys - Sukhi Khosla (Leon) won big with the fastest time out of all divisions with a 15:08.61 clocking. Belen Jesuit Prep won the team race with 86 points.
- 4A Boys - Nicholas Diaz (Sunset) was the boys winner with a quick 15:22.90 clocking over James Zentmeyer (Sickles) in 15:23.16.
- 4A Girls - Alexa Cruz (St. Thomas Aquinas) rolled to the win with the fastest time of the day, an 18:02.26 clocking. St. Thomas Aquinas won the team title with ease, scoring just 63 points.
- 1A Girls - Julie Wollrath (Holy Trinity) won with the second fastest time of the day, an 18:14.88 clocking.
- 2A Girls - Julia Montgomery (Pine Crest) won the race over Daesha Rogers (Jackson) 18:22.81 to 18:29.34.
Gabriella Karas gets the fastest time of the day in KY. (Photo by Jonathan Grooms)
- Complete coverage
- Complete Results
- Video Interviews and Race Coverage
- Photos by Jonathan Grooms
- Photos by KYXCCoach
- Photos by kyfatboy
- Find complete state previews here
- AA Girls - Gabriella Karas (Collins) crushed the course record with a quick 17:39.04 clocking.
- AAA Boys - St. Xavier (KY) crushed all comers to win the team title with 53 points. Patrick Gregory (Butler) won individually with a time of 15:55.18.
- AAA Girls - Assumption (KY) won the girls title with a low score of 44 points. Whitney O'Bryan (Daviess County) won individually with a time of 18:09. Frosh Madisyn Peeples (Bowling Green) finished 2nd in 18:18.95.
Taylor Werner crushed it at the MO state champs!
- Complete coverage, results and interviews article
- Complete Coverage Page
- Photos by Andrew Everett
- Photos by Greg Hall
- Photos by cyclonemike
- Video Interviews
- Class 3A Girls - Taylor Werner (Ste. Genevieve) crushed the course and a minutes old Hannah Long CR to win individually with a blazing 17:31.30 clocking. Ste. Genevieve also won the team crown.
- Class 4A Boys - Noah Kauppila (Marquette) won individually with a new course record time of 15:22.34. The old course record was 15:26 and it was held by a guy named Matt Tegenkamp, though there is some debate as to the course difficulty and weather playing a factor.
- Class 4A Girls - Hannah Long (Eureka) blasted a CR of 17:46.82, that was later beaten by Werner, giving her #2 all-time on the course.
4 straight titles and fastest time of the day made for a great day for James Quattlebuam. (Photo by John Olson)
- A Boys - James Quattlebaum (Christ Church) won with the fastest time of the meet, a 15:15.15 clocking, well ahead of second place.
- AAAA Boys - Zack Langston (Lexington) won with a quick time of 15:27.57. Nik O'brien (North Augusta) was 2nd in 15:32.53.
- AAAA Girls - Ashbrook Gwinn (Aiken) won with a quick 17:58.69 clocking. Riverside dominated the team race with just 43 points.
- AAA Boys - Gabriel Haughey (Daniel) was the victor in 15:17.28, second fastest of the meet. Tony Morales (River Bluff) finished 2nd in 15:25.87.
Arizona State Cross Country Championships, AZ
The Corona trio just past the mile (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Harvey Nelson raced a coyote FTW, who did you race? (Photo by Glenn Nelson)
Dani Jones in control with 800 to go. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Desert Vista all smiles after their victory. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Corona boys stoked with the team win. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
- D1 meet page
- D2 meet page
- D3 meet page
- D4 meet page
- Division 1 Boys - Nathan Rodriguez (Corona del sol) won the boys race with a fast 15:29.98 clocking over teammate Ryan Normand in 15:32.64. Rounding out the top-3 was another Corona runner, Marcus Wheeler, 15:36.68. Corona Del Sol easily won the team race with 48 points over Desert Vista with 80 points.
- Division 1 Girls - Dani Jones and Baylee Jones led a huge Desert Vista charge, finishing 1-2 with times of 18:00.80 and 18:10.88. Desert Vista rode that wave to the team victory in a close battle with Xavier College Prep, 60 to 70.
- Division 2 Boys - Harvey Nelson (Catalina Foothills) raced to the fastest time of the day in cooler conditions with a winning 15:25.64. Lucky Schreiner (Campo Verde) was 2nd in 15:26.06.
Debalsi unloaded in New Hampshire with a course record. Watch out girls! (Photo by moosechili)
- Video Interviews
- Complete Coverage and articles
- Photos by Derek Veilleux
- Photos by moosechili
- Follow the action live on twitter
- Hannah Debalsi (Staples CT) crushed the competition and course record with a blazing 17:15.80 performance. Claire Howlett (Westhill) finished 2nd in 17:39.50. Autumn Eastman (Champlain Valley) rounded out the top-3 with a time of 17:48.30. Coe Brown Academy won over Barrington and La Salle with scores of 78 to 99 to 108.
- In the boys race Trevor Hopper (Ridgefield) ran down Telstar's Josef Holt-Andrews to win in 15:08.50. Alex Ostberg (Darien) was 2nd in 15:11 and Andrews finished 3rd in 15:12.90. Christian Alvarado (Fairfield Prep) finished 4th, just behind in 15:16.90. Ridgefield won going away with 77 points.
Kevin Mills was fastest of the day out of 6A. (Photo by Jonathan Speights)
- 6A Boys - Kevin Mills (Peachtree Ridge) won the boys title with the fastest time of the day, a 16:03.82 performance. Brookwood took top team honors with 105 points.
- 3A Boys - Austin Sprague (St. Pius X) won the title with a time of 16:08.37 and St. Pius X rolled to the team title with 26 points.
- 4A Girls - Morgan Ilse (Marist) won with a time of 18:53 as Marist rolled to victory with 22 points.
- 6A Girls - Avery Bussjager (Walton) won with a time of 19:04.20. Peachtree Ridge won the team crown with 119 points.
Mac Macoy rolled to the boys victory in 6A. (Photo by Bryan Brunch)
- Coverage Central Article with results and photos
- Photos by Bryan Brunch
- Photos by Todd Thompson
- Complete coverage and previews
- 6A Boys - Mac Macoy (Vestavia Hills) dominated the race with a winning 15:44.50 clocking. Ben Bryant (Opelika) finished 2nd in 15:49.30. Auburn won the team crown over Vestavia Hills by a score of 47 to 57.
- 3A Girls - Karisa Nelson (TR Miller) won the girls race with the fastest time of the day, a 17:55.18 clocking.
- 6A Girls - Veronica Lyle (Hewitt) won with a quick time of 18:06.40, second fastest on the day.
Mississippi State Cross Country Championships, MS
- 6A - Darnell Collier (Tupelo) won over teammate Andrew White with times of 16:11.60 and 16:27. Kate Mattox won the girls 4k race in 14:39.20.
- Division 1 - Kai Benedict (McQueen) won the boys race with a quick 16:05 clocking, fastest of the day. Sydney Badger (Centennial) won the girls race in 18:40, also the fastest of the day.
Reagan had to come from behind to defeat Lewis in the girls 4A race. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- 4A Boys - Colin Hernez (Los Alamos) won big with the fastest time of the day, a 15:54.40 clocking. Aaron Romero-Valenzuela (Belen) was 2nd in 15:56.50. Los Alamos also won a hard earned team race over Albuquerque Academy by a score of 53 to 54!
- 4A Girls - Kelli Reagan (St. Pius X) was the girls winner with the fastest time of the day, an 18:23.50 clocking. Arena Lewis (Belen) finished runner-up in 18:29.95. Los Alamos girls took care of the team sweep by also taking down Albuquerque Academy by a score of 53 to 67.
- 5A Girls - Kyandra Chandler (Nettleton) won with the fastest time of all classes with a time of 18:26.70.
- 7A Boys - Brendan Taylor (Catholic) won a quick race in 15:1470 over Jacob Shiohira (Bentonville) who was 2nd in 15:18.
- 4A Boys - Ryan Forsyth (Severna Park) won the boys race with a quick time of 15:41.30. Severna Park ran away with the team title, scoring 38 points off of a 49 second spread.
- 4A Girls - Isabel Griffith (Chevy Chase) won the girls race in a time of 18:26.20. Walter Johnson won a close team race over Chevy Chase 60 to 64.
- D2 Boys - Tatnall boys launched armageddon on the field, winning with 22 points with 4 of the top-5 and 7 of the top-11 overall. Their team average was 16:15, 1:21 better than anyone else in the field! Stephen Garrett gave them the individual victory as well with a time of 15:31.69.
- D1 Boys - Pat Hally (Salesianum) won with a time of 15:41.46. Salesianum won a very thrilling battle over Newark with a score of 49 to 50.
- D2 Girls - The girls of Tatnall didn't disappoint either, winning the team title with 34 points. Louisa Belk (St. Andrews) won the individual title with a time of 18:08.88.
- D1 Girls - Padua Academy won the team crown with ease with a score of 35 points. Emily Paolucci gave them the individual win as well in 18:43.77.
Meehan was tops individually. (Photo by photodoc)
- The legend continues for Christian Brothers Academy. The team rested their top-5 yet still came away with a course record average of 16:21 on a 15 second spread, besting the 31 year old record of 16:23! Scott Meehan (Pope John XXIII) won overall with a time of 15:56. Edwin Rutto (St. Benedicts Prep) was 2nd in 16:06.
Briana Gess at the Manhattan invite earlier this year.
- Complete Highlights Article by Group
- Photos by SJPixShooter
- Photos by Theduke_1776
- Complete Results by Group
- Briana Gess, the super-frosh from Haddonfield NJ, won her group 2 sectional with ease in 18:05 as Haddonfield moves forward to states as well by winning the team title.
- Kyle Kroon (Toms River South) won the group 3 sectional with a quick time of 15:22.
Tom O'Neill was the fastest of the day at 15:31.
- Tom O'Neill was the fastest of the day at 15:31 out of group 3.
- Grace Dwyer (Hamilton North) ran the fastest girls time of 18:20 out of group 3.
Norris cruised to the win in group 3. (Photo by MaroonNews)
- Josette Norris (Tenafly) won in group 3 action with a time of 18:40.
Robert Stone (in blue) was quickest out of the North 2 sectional. (Photo by Amy O'Hara)
- Mackenzie Barry (Mendham) won the group 3 girls title with a quick 18:24 clocking.
- Robert Stone (Millburn) won the group 4 race with a quick 15:55.
- In the boys race Arcadia lit it up with a very fast 14:28.61 team average over the 3 mile course. Philip Rocha and Estevan De La Rosa led with a 1-2 charge with times of 14:02.12 and 14:02.47. The team scored 21 points.
- Arcadia also won the girls race with 23 points as Veronica Yamane won with a time of 17:20.28.
- Garrett Corcoran (Villa Park) won with a blazing course record time of 14:00.5, topping Austin Tamagno (Brea Olinda) who ran 14:09.6. Sydney Gidabuday (El Modena) finished 3rd in 14:24.3. Brea Olinda dominated in the team race with a score of 29 points.
- Cassidy Towner (El Dorado) won the girls race in a big way with a time of 17:00.7.