2013 Outdoor Highlights
- Serra boys absolutely crushed it in the 4x400m relay with a stellar US#1 clocking of 3:10.59! That followed up their early championship in the 4x100m relay where they crushed a time of 40.49.
- Piedmont Hills won the girls 4x400m relay with an equally fast 3:41.14.
- Long Beach Poly ripped the girls 4x100m relay with a fast 44.93 clocking and were 2nd in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:43.62 without Ariana Washington.
- Anna Maxwell gutted out a 4:47.33 win in the 1600m run over a hard-closing Nikki Hiltz who was 2nd in 4:48.07.
- Blake Haney used a huge negative split to win the boys 1600m run in 4:06.93, closing his final 800m in an amazing 1:58.85. Haney also won the boys 3200m run later in the meet with a spectacular performance in 9:01.65.
- Sarah Baxter took the girls 3200m run with a fast 10:10.71 clocking, her third state title over 3200m in a row!
- Ariana Washington won the girls 100m dash with a fast 1.39 clocking and came back to win the 200m dash with an equally amazing performance of 23.22!
- Khalfani Muhammad also won the double, dominating in the 100m dash with a time of 10.33 and the 200m dash with a very fast 20.86 clocking.
- Mikaela Smith took a surprising win in the girls 800m run with a time of 2:08.39, and she is only a sophomore.
- Ivan Gonazlez hammered over the last lap to grind it out and win the boys 800m run in 1:50.71, a fine time.
- Jade Miller blazed to the win in the girls 300H with a fast 41.02 clocking.
- Lloyd Sicard won the boys 300H with a fast 37.06 clocking.
- Eric Moore won the boys high jump with a leap of 6-11.
- Nate Moore leapt out to 24-11.75 to win the boys long jump by a big margin.
- Sasha Wallace took the girls triple jump with a stellar 41-09.50 jump.
- Nikki Okwelogu won the girls discus with a solid 173-09 heave.
- Nick Ponzio won the boys shot put with a massive toss of 66-02.50.
- Nia Dorner won the girls 400m dash with a quick 53.00 clocking.
- Miles Parrish took the boys 400m dash in a fast time of 46.53.
- Stamatia Scarvelis was the top shot qualifier with a huge US#1 put of 51-11.
- Ariana Washington is the top 100m qualifier with a time of 11.48 and the 200m dash qualifiers in 23.39.
- Khalfani Muhammad leads boys 100m qualifiers with a time of 10.40 and the 200m dash qualifiers in 20.94.
- Courtney Corrin leapt out to 20-08 to lead long jump qualifiers into Saturday's finals.
- Sasha Wallace is through in the 100H prelims with a clocking of 13.49 and the triple jump with a leap of 40-10.75.
- Nia Dorner stormed into the Saturday 400m dash finals with a prelims clocking of 53.12.
- Nikki Okwelogu heaved the discus an amazing 170-6 to lead all Saturday finalists.
- Michael Cherry does what he does best, and torched the track with a 46.02 clocking in the 400m dash!
- Aaron Worrell won the boys triple jump with a monster leap of 51-05.
- Woodbridge girls set a new meet record in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:43.39.
- Sean McGorty (Chantilly) braved the heat with a blistering pace in the 3200m after opening with a 4:26 first 1600m. He finished off with the win in 8:58.07.
- West Springfield won the girls 4x800m relay with a time of 9:06.07.
- Westfield boys won the 4x800m relay in 7:44.89.
- Mustaqeem Williams (Forest Park) won the boys long jump with a leap of 24-3.75.
Prefontaine Classic 800m - Cain 1:59.51!
Mary Cain after 1:59.51 clocking for US JR and HS Record!
Cain is all focus during her record run. (Photo by Image of Sport)
Mary Cain lets loose the emotion once she realizes it was a sub-2:00 effort. (Photo by Image of Sport)
Montoya ran with the big boys in Eugene! (Photo by Image of Sport)
- FloTrack Interview with Bernie Montoya after his 4:01.71 Mile
- Galen Rupp talks Mo and the American Record prior to the Pre Classic
- LIVE blog by FloTrack
- Mary Cain runs 1:59.51 to set the US HS and Junior RECORDs in the 800m run, becoming the first high school athlete ever to run under 2 minutes!! WOW! The mark takes down the 2:00.07 that Kim Gallagher ran in 1982.
- Bernie Montoya (Cibola) finished 8th in the International Mile with a 4:01.71 clocking, his 2nd best ever!
Hannah Meier started her quadruple with the 1600m. Sister Haley was 2nd and Erin Finn 3rd. (Photo by Katherine Glassner-Shwayder)
Erin Finn set an amazing MI State Record with her 10:08.23 clocking! (Photo by Katherine Glassner-Shwayder)
- Hannah Meier (Grosse Pointe South) had a historic quadruple at the state meet, winning the 1600m in 4:39.23, the 800m in 2:06.35 and ran anchor on the winning 4x800m relay team with a time of 9:01.98 and anchor on the winning 4x400m relay with a time of 3:52.32!!
- Haley Meier was 2nd in the 1600m in 4:42.43 and Erin Finn was 3rd in 4:45.37.
- Erin Finn (West Bloomfield) blasted the girls 3200m run with an amazing 10:08.23 clocking to set a new State Record for the event.
- Cullen Prena won the boys discus throw with a big US#1 toss of 210-01.
Crossley strained for everything and just got under 1:50!
- Complete Recap Article
- Photo Album by Jeff George
- Photo Album by Jeff Sides
- Video Interview with John Crossley and Blake Dodge
- Video Interview with Trentavis Friday
- John Crossley (West Carteret) blew the doors off the 800m run, going NC#4 All-Time and US#2 this season with a 1:49.99 clocking.
- Trentavis Friday (Cherryville) won the 200m dash in 20.79 for NC#3 All-Time and the 400m dash in 46.97 for NC#5 All-Time.
- Blake Dodge (West Carteret) won the girls 800m with a solid 2:09.13 for NC#2 All-Time.
Video Coverage of the girls 100m dash - Worth a watch!
- Marybeth Sant blitzed the field in the 100m dash, winning with an amazing time of 11.25 with a +1.8 wind!!
- Alleandra Watt was 2nd in the 100m in 11.41 and then came back and won the 200m dash in 23.67, also with +1.8 wind.
- Cyna Ries won the long jump with a 20-03.50 mark, but unfortunately no wind reading.
Olivia Baker got the cinco at the NJ state champs! (Photo by SJpixshooter)
- Complete Coverage Article
- Photo Albums
- LIVE updates article from G1,G4, NPB Meet
- Olivia Baker (Columbia) had her way with the competition on the girls side, winning five events in stellar fashion. Olivia won the 100m dash in 11.64w, the 200m dash in 24.15w, the 400m dash in 54.16, the 800m run in 2:12.33, and anchored the winning 4x400m relay Columbia squad with a time of 3:52.37!! What a day for Baker!!
- Dominique Irons, Haddon Heights, won the boys G1 Triple Jump with a huge state record leap of 50-06.75.
Rocha (in blue) won the 3200m title to cap a great prep career. (Photo by John Carroll)
- Catarina Rocha (Peabody) won the girls 2 mile run with a time of 10:34.25.
- Karina Shepherd (Dracut) won the girls 800m run with a quick 2:09.29.
- Lincoln Sudbury boys won the 4x800m relay with a time of 7:51.43.
- Eastern girls rocked the 4x800m relay with a US#16 All-Time performance of 8:53.74. Brittany Neeley ran 3rd in 2:07.7 and Bethany Neeley was anchor in 2:06.6! The race was DEEP as Carroll was 2nd in 9:01.12, West Lafayette was 3rd in 9:07.61 and Terre Haute North Vigo was 4th in 9:08.17.
- Bethany Neeley also won the 1600m in 4:53.37 and Brittany Neeley won the 800m in 2:07.91.
- Anna Rohrer (Mishawaka) won the 3200m run with a 10:20.68 performance.
- Janae Moffitt (Oak Hill) won the high jump with a 5-10 clearance.
- Fort Wayne Northrop won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:51.53.
- Fort Wayne Carroll boys rolled in the 4x800m relay with a blazing time of 7:40.14. Chesterton boys were 2nd in 7:43.79 and Crown Point was 3rd in 7:44.60.
- In boys 4x400m action Hamilton Southeastern won with a fast 3:14.74 clocking over Center Grove in 3:15.99.
- Troy Reeder led a blazing 1600m run with his winning 4:07.26 clocking. Matt Dorsey was 2nd in 4:08.92 and Jacob Poyner was 3rd in 4:09.95.
- Clayton Bowie won the 3200m run with a 9:01.36 clocking over Connor Sorrells in 9:05.99.
The boys mile finish was crazy close, with Haik (69) holding on for the win. (Photo by David Everett)
- Photo Album by MOMileSplit.com
- Video Coverage
- MOMileSplit Girls Field
- MOMileSplit Boys Field
- Stephanie Jenks, an IA frosh, won the girls mile with a time of 4:47.43 to set the meet record. Hannah Long, a soph from MO, was 2nd in 4:48.53 and Taylor Werner, a MO frosh, was 3rd in 4:49.32, also both under the meet record.
- Spencer Haik, a MO junior, outdueled Patrick Perrier, an IL junior, in the boys mile 4:12.23 to 4:12.27. Joining them in a ridiculously close finish were Noah Kauppila, also a MO junior, in 4:12.48 and Alex Riba, an IL senior in 4:12.54. See the photo above, it was a crazy finish!
Zach Brehm took the Elite Mile in a big PR. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
- Photo Album by Patty Morgan
- Videos and Interviews
- Zach Brehm (Carlisle) won the Men's Elite Mile run with a time of 4:09.27.
- Marissa Sheva (Pennridge) won the HS 1500m race with a time of 4:28.11.
- Reagan Anderson (Tatnall) won the 800m run in 2:08.44 over Sarah Walker (Germantown Friends), 2:08.55.