2013 Outdoor Highlights
- Olivia Baker, the JUNIOR! from Columbia HS grabs gold in historic fashion as she wins the 100m Dash (12.05), 200m Dash (23.95), 400m Dash (53.84), and with her teammates in the 4x400m relay (3:46.86) Trigg, Dessein, Hinton. Watching her race has been a treat all year.
- Jess Woodard of Cherokee continues her fantastic farewell season winning the Shot Put (47-1.25) and setting a meet record in the Discus (161-1) events, the first girl in a long long time to win both events at the Meet of Champs. The shot put mark was a meet record and personal best for Woodard.
- Josette Norris a junior from Tenafly has been making statement performances all state season, proving that she can follow up the 4:45.04 ran at Group Championships 4 days previous she blasted a 4:41.61 MEET RECORD time in the 1600m heading out at a 800m split of 2:20. Great run.
- Sarah Disanza of High Point Regional broke the meet record and annihilated her own personal best with a 10:15.02 in the 3200m!
- Freehold Twp girls hit a meet record time of 9:10.69 in the 4x800m! (Adrian Vitello,
- Jabrill Peppers won the 100m and 200m with convinving stride, though with his high expectations you'll have to tell him that, 10.80 and 21.13. Crazy.
- Jerson Calderon swept all the track wheelchair events like a boss. US#1 in most of the events!
- The 800m show down was as fantastic as the pre-meet buzz led up. Great race and kicks by the whole heat with the Clark brothers bringing it home the last 200m, Isaac Clark hitting a 1:50.12 with brother Jacob at 1:50.73.
- Rob Napolitano of Red Bank Catholic dethroned defending 1600m Champion Chris Marco in a great finish just out leaning him at the line with a 4:12.82.
- Zyaire Clemes rips a 46.50!! in the 400m race, the top 6 were under 48 seconds!
- The kick fest between Kyle Levermore of Don Bosco and Jack Boyle of CBA was a sight to see, the last 200m looks like a sprinting event. Levermore would out last Boyle to the line with a time of 8:55.41 to Boyle's 8:55.94!
- Josh Awotunde "upsets" Braheme Days Jr. in the shot put with a mark of 61-01!
- Braheme comes through in the discus with a monster toss of 199-06!
Southerland rockets to a 2:06.09 800m run! (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Complete Coverage Article and LIVE Tweets
- Video Interviews with Champions
- Photo Album by Kyle Brazeil
- Boys Meet Preview
- Girls Meet Preview
- Northport won the girls 4x800m relay in a very fast 9:02.42 with Warwick 2nd in 9:04.77 and Suffern 3rd in 9:05.43.
- Chaminade won the boys 4x800m relay with a swift 7:40.68 with Syosset right on their heels in 7:41.01.
- Nick Ryan (Fayetteville-Manlius) and Tim McGowan (Northport) went 1-1 in the 3200m run with sub-9 clockings of 8:58.28 to 8:59.81.
- Sabrina Southerland (Benjamin Cardozo) ran swiftly to win the girls 800m run in a meet record 2:06.09.
- Eric Holt (Carmel) won over Nick Ryan in the boys 1600m run with a nail-biting 4:07.00 to 4:07.55. Sean Kelly (Chaminade) was 3rd in 4:09.56.
- Kadecia Baird (Medgar Evers) had a stellar day, winning the 100m dash in 11.97, the 200m dash in 23.69, and anchored as Medgar Evers won the 4x100m relay in 46.49, a new meet record!
- Elmont won the boys 4x400m relay with a time of 3:17.42.
Mary Cain ran 15:45.46 for 5k in Portland, is there anything she can't do?! (Photo by Image of Sport)
Leingang rolls in the mile with a winning 4:07.16 clocking! (Photo by Image of Sport)
Saturday Night HighlightsCoverage
- LIVE Webcast (Requires FloTrack Pro)
- Mary Cain slated to run the 5k Saturday night (National Record: 15:48.91)
- Schedule of events here
- Mary Cain continued her string of record races, finishing 6th in the women's 5000m run with a HS National Record time of 15:45.46! Mary Cain now holds every HS record from 800m to 5k, a truly remarkable accomplishment!
- Katie Knight ran in the 5k race as well, running a time of 16:25.75 for #11 All Time outdoor!
- Elise Cranny (CO) and Alexa Efraimson (WA) went head to head in the women's 1500m run with Cranny finishing 4th in 4:15.86 and Efraimson 5th in 4:16.00.
- Jake Leingang (ND) won the boys invite mile with a solid time of 4:07.16. Joe Hardy (WA) finished 2nd in 4:10.93.
- Amy Eloise-Neale (WA) ran in the women's 3000m steeplechase and finished in 11th place with a US#2 All-Time mark of 10:14.07.
Friday Night Highlights
- Erin Clark (South Eugene) rolled to a US#2 clocking in the women 5000m run with a time of 16:41.36.
- North Central boys won the 4x1600m relay with a time of 17:41.19.
- Rudy Winkler won the Hammer Throw with a heave of 254-10 for the 5th best throw in US prep history.
- In the Shot Put Nick Ponzio finished 3rd in 65-07 and Braheme Days was 5th in 64-10.75.
- Justin Carter finished 6th in the Javelin with a toss of 211-08.
Trayvon Bromell shocked the track with his sub-10 clocking!
Bromell made history in the 100m dash, going sub-10 wind-aided. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
Ariana Washington steamrolled the competition in the girls 100m dash. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- Photo Album by Alan Versaw
- Video Footage of the races
- LIVE Webcast of Friday (Part 1)
- LIVE Webcast of Friday (Part 2)
- LIVE Webcast of Saturday
- Schedule of events here
- Trayvon Bromell (FL) blasted an unheard of 9.99w to become the first prep ever to go under the magical 10 second barrier in all conditions!
- Ariana Washington (CA) rolled in the girls 100m dash with a time of 11.18w and then backed it up with a blazing 23.05w to take the 200m dash. Not to be overshadowed, Hannah Cunliffe (WA) finished 2nd in both with times of 11.38w and 23.10w.
- Jerimy Strainge (FL) rolled in the boys 200m dash with a time of 20.78w.
DeBalsi runs 10:10.26 3200m run to just miss Hasay's #1 Frosh mark!
Wynne cracks the 1:50 barrier with his winning 1:49.93 clocking.
- Meet Headquarters Article
- Girls Recap Article
- Boys Recap Article
- Race Videos and Interviews
- Live Highlights Article
- Boys Preview Article (Coming)
- Girls Preview Article
- Performance Lists
- Henry Wynne (Staples) won the boys 800m run with a New England Record of 1:49.93!
- Hannah DeBalsi came close to Jordan Hasay's National Frosh Record with a blazing 10:10.26 for 3200m!!
- Emily Savage (Weston) won the girls pole vault with a fine clearance of 13-02.50.
- Hannah Parker won the girls 800m run with a very quick 2:06.42.
- Oxford, CT and Ridgefield, CT were locked in a battle in the boys 4x800m relay with Oxford taking the win in 7:52.14 to 7:52.18.
CVCA boys won the 4x800 title with a quick 7:48 clocking.
- Complete Coverage Article and LIVE Tweets
- Photo Album by MStony
- Photo Album by Jim Findlay
- Division 1 LIVE Results
- Division 2 LIVE Results
- Division 3 LIVE Results
- Addison DeHaven (SD) won the boys 2 mile run with a very fast time of 9:01.13, winning by nearly 10 seconds.
- Jack Keelan (IL) took a loaded field in the 1 mile run with a quick 4:07.50 clocking over Jacob Poyner (IN), 4:09.92, and Josh Evans (IA), 4:10.79.
- Bethany Neeley, Eastern, won the 3k steeplechase with a US#1 clocking of 6:37.52. Brittany Neeley won the mile with a time of 4:51.37. Alex Hess won the boys mile with a clocking of 4:08.29.
Ali celebrates as Krahn digs deep to get sub-9!
- Maggie Ewen tossed a massive heave in the shot put with a US#2 All-Time mark of 54-8.5.
- The boys 3200m run was truly epic with 3 under 9 minutes and 9 under 9:10!! Obsa Ali (Richfield) won the race with a quick 8:57.07 with a super frosh from Stillwater, Eli Krahn, 2nd in 8:58.67 which is #2 All-Time for freshmen! Joey Duerr, Chaska, was 3rd in 8:59.03.
- Eli Krahn backed up his 3200m performance with a US#1 Frosh All-Time 4:09.38 clocking.
- Henry Wynne (Staples) pulled a solid double, winning the 800m run in a quick 1:50.63 and the 1600m run in 4:13.82.
- Demario Gray (Bloomfield) won the boys high jump with a solid leap of 6-10.
- Claire Howlett (Westhill) won the girls 1600m in 4:53.97 and the 3200m run in 10:20.03.
- Tatum Taylor (WA) rolled in the boys 100m dash with a winning time of 10.36 over Devon Allen (CA) who was 2nd in 10.59.
- Devon Allen won the boys 110 Hurdles with a time of 13.48 to win big! Allen finished his big day with a win in the 200m dash with a time of 21.40.
- Cole Walsh (AZ) won the boys pole vault with a leap of 16-04.
- Sasha Wallace (CA) won the girls 100m Hurdles with a solid 13.70 clocking.
- Jade Miller (CA) won the 300m Hurdles with a time of 41.87.
- Mikaela Smith (CA) backed up her state championship in the event, winning the 800m run with a time of 2:08.74.
- Stamatia Scarvelis dominated the girls shot with a massive put of 50-09.50.