CREATINE!!!!!!
03/05/2008 4:14:39 PM
User
I used to take powder creatine monohydrate mixed with grape juice before my power training workouts. I felt like a had an extra spike of energy when I took the creatine monohydrate mixed with grape juice before the workout. The only side effect I have had from creatine is gastrointestinal distress, but I would recommend creatine as a supplement to help get bigger and stronger. There is a book out about creatine called "Creatine: Cutting Through the Myths."
I used to take powder creatine monohydrate mixed with grape juice before my power training workouts. I felt like a had an extra spike of energy when I took the creatine monohydrate mixed with grape juice before the workout. The only side effect I have had from creatine is gastrointestinal distress, but I would recommend creatine as a supplement to help get bigger and stronger. There is a book out about creatine called "Creatine: Cutting Through the Myths."
03/10/2008 10:34:33 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Alot of you need to take a basic exercise phys class. Creatine phosphate is readily stored in the muscles as the immediate phosphate replenishment for ATP when a phosphate is cleaved to produce energy. Once it turns to ADP, the CP donates a phosphate and ATP is readily available again. Due to the amount of these energy stores, this system is only effective for 6-10 seconds. It helps sprints, jumps, and throws. The only time a distance runner would see it is the initial dart off of the line and since it is such a low percentage of the race, it isn't worth it. Contrary to popular belief, it does nothing to muscle fiber size. It does allow the athlete to perform more work in short-duration activity and this increase in work volume in resistance training is what actually can lead to increased fiber size. Where it would help the sprinter or thrower is that it would allow them to perform more short duration activity and this training volume could lead to better performance. The thing that you have to understand is that this would probably allow someone the ability to get a couple of extra pounds up in the bench or allow them to perform 1-4 more reps at a certain weight. It doesn't help you lift twice the amount or anything like that.
Alot of you need to take a basic exercise phys class.

Creatine phosphate is readily stored in the muscles as the immediate phosphate replenishment for ATP when a phosphate is cleaved to produce energy. Once it turns to ADP, the CP donates a phosphate and ATP is readily available again.

Due to the amount of these energy stores, this system is only effective for 6-10 seconds. It helps sprints, jumps, and throws.

The only time a distance runner would see it is the initial dart off of the line and since it is such a low percentage of the race, it isn't worth it.

Contrary to popular belief, it does nothing to muscle fiber size. It does allow the athlete to perform more work in short-duration activity and this increase in work volume in resistance training is what actually can lead to increased fiber size.

Where it would help the sprinter or thrower is that it would allow them to perform more short duration activity and this training volume could lead to better performance.

The thing that you have to understand is that this would probably allow someone the ability to get a couple of extra pounds up in the bench or allow them to perform 1-4 more reps at a certain weight. It doesn't help you lift twice the amount or anything like that.
03/10/2008 8:47:53 PM
User
youre right, but it isnt just the workload increase that causes the size increase in the muscles. The main way creatine causes growth is after you work out, not during. Taking creatine causes an osmotic reaction. The osmotic effect is not simply water retention. It is an increase intracellularly of growth nutrients, including CP, for increased cellular repair and growth as well.
youre right, but it isnt just the workload increase that causes the size increase in the muscles. The main way creatine causes growth is after you work out, not during. Taking creatine causes an osmotic reaction. The osmotic effect is not simply water retention. It is an increase intracellularly of growth nutrients, including CP, for increased cellular repair and growth as well.
03/27/2008 11:38:12 PM
User
I have known several runners who used creatine, developed severe stomach and intestinal problems, and then quit running competively.
I have known several runners who used creatine, developed severe stomach and intestinal problems, and then quit running competively.
04/01/2008 7:18:07 PM
User
yeah that sounds a tad extreme. im assuming thats a joke.
yeah that sounds a tad extreme. im assuming thats a joke.
04/02/2008 9:25:30 PM
User
I've heard it can create a hole in your stomach or something.
I've heard it can create a hole in your stomach or something.
04/02/2008 11:45:03 PM
User
I am not joking.
I am not joking.
04/03/2008 12:32:32 AM
User
it doesnt put a hole in your stomach, thats just dumb. and there is no reason creatine should give you such gastric problems that youd have to quit running. thats also just dumb
it doesnt put a hole in your stomach, thats just dumb. and there is no reason creatine should give you such gastric problems that youd have to quit running. thats also just dumb
04/05/2008 6:49:10 PM
User
Man some people are so stupid. Creatine, is not bad for you, it isn't baned by anyone, and it doesn't create a "sloshing effect." Creatine is good for all track athletes because it forces blood vessels to open, delivering more blood to the muscles enabling them to take on greater loads and perform to better extent. Bodybuilders use it because it isn't permanent, it just helps so that they can lift heavier weight, which in turn makes them bigger and stronger. I have used it and it works great, just be sure to properly hydrate.
Man some people are so stupid. Creatine, is not bad for you, it isn't baned by anyone, and it doesn't create a "sloshing effect." Creatine is good for all track athletes because it forces blood vessels to open, delivering more blood to the muscles enabling them to take on greater loads and perform to better extent. Bodybuilders use it because it isn't permanent, it just helps so that they can lift heavier weight, which in turn makes them bigger and stronger. I have used it and it works great, just be sure to properly hydrate.
04/09/2008 9:11:20 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If I'm not mistaken, Creatine is not on the official list of banned substances by the NCAA... That being said, caffeine, marijuana and ephedrine ARE on the list. Caffeine is limited to a certain amout per volume of urine, marijuana is not by any means a performance enhancer (that is, unless you see a hershey's bar at the finish line), and ephedrine is also limited to a particular amout per volume. Creatine cannot be banned based on it's bioavailability akin to testosterone. However, testosterone cannot be found higher than 4 times, or so, the normal range. Creatine is effective for training and lifting purposes, not during competition. Coach O.
If I'm not mistaken, Creatine is not on the official list of banned substances by the NCAA... That being said, caffeine, marijuana and ephedrine ARE on the list. Caffeine is limited to a certain amout per volume of urine, marijuana is not by any means a performance enhancer (that is, unless you see a hershey's bar at the finish line), and ephedrine is also limited to a particular amout per volume. Creatine cannot be banned based on it's bioavailability akin to testosterone. However, testosterone cannot be found higher than 4 times, or so, the normal range.
Creatine is effective for training and lifting purposes, not during competition.
Coach O.
04/21/2008 9:19:23 AM
User
Personally anything more than a multivitiman is exterme.
Personally anything more than a multivitiman is exterme.
02/27/2020 9:41:58 AM
User
@ScottBush creatine is not a banned substance if that was the case you couldn't eat red meat or fish because creatine is in them Foods your body creates 2 grams of creatine per day so how can something your body produces the band wrong Scott bush
@ScottBush creatine is not a banned substance if that was the case you couldn't eat red meat or fish because creatine is in them Foods your body creates 2 grams of creatine per day so how can something your body produces the band wrong Scott bush
03/03/2020 10:45:24 AM
User
its 12 years go.... [url=https://gaysextube.name/en/category/4294967363/Public/popular/1/]https://gaysextube.name/en/category/4294967363/Public/popular/1/[/url]
03/05/2020 5:04:54 AM
User
[quote=Tucker336]The use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport. Creatine monohydrate is considered on the same level as other supplements such as protein, amino acids, and nitric oxide, it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body, and the amount in your body can be increased by the consumption of red meat. However it is NOT a great idea to use creatine in track, unless your are a thrower. Creatine causes your body to retain water and your muscles to swell, that is why it used by body builders, and power lifters, this water retainment causes you to feel heavy and gives you a "slosh" effect while running. The only reason there is even a performance enhancement is because of the sugars and other additives added to the creatin monohydrate. I hope this helps...[/quote] Thank You for share the helpful content. You are right as a "The use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport". we [url=https://www.rkinfotechindia.com/]RKinfotech[/url] also provides the best management [url=https://www.rkinfotechindia.com/products/erp-software/]erp software[/url].
Tucker336 wrote:
he use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport. Creatine monohydrate is considered on the same level as other supplements such as protein, amino acids, and nitric oxide, it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body, and the amount in your body can be increased by the consumption of red meat. However it is NOT a great idea to use creatine in track, unless your are a thrower. Creatine causes your body to retain water and your muscles to swell, that is why it used by body builders, and power lifters, this water retainment causes you to feel heavy and gives you a "slosh" effect while running. The only reason there is even a performance enhancement is because of the sugars and other additives added to the creatin monohydrate. I hope this helps...

Thank You for share the helpful content. You are right as a "The use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport". we RKinfotech also provides the best management erp software.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.