2012 Outdoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
Magaha posing with his record time. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
- Drew Magaha (Upper Moreland) rocketed his way around the track and wound up with a US#1 and PA Record of 1:48.82 in the 800m run!
- Cayla Hatton is back at it again, this time besting some solid collegians over 5000m with a US#7 All-Time clocking of 16:14.99!
- Ajee Wilson (NJ) won the Elite 800m run with a US#1 time of 2:05.28 against a field of collegians and pros.
- Brianna Nerud (NY) finished 6th in the 3000m Steeplechase with a time of 10:27.61, only a few ticks off of her US#2 All-Time clocking of 10:24.95.
Kansas Relays, KS
Valentine during her qualifying run in the 100m dash.
- Video Coverage courtesy of Flotrack
- Photo album by Paul Everett
- Saturday coverage article with photos
- Day One Recap article by Craig Martin
- Day Two Recap article by Craig Martin
- Alli Cash (Shawnee Mission) won the girls 1600m run with a quick meet record time of 4:50.71 as 5 girls total got under the old record.
- Tianna Valentine won the girls 100m dash to qualify for the Dream 100 with a time of 11.66.
- Kenzo Cotton won the boys 100m dash with a time of 10.61.
- Whitney Adams won the girls 400m dash with a swift 55.28 clocking.
- Kearney (NE) won the boys 4xMile relay with a meet record clocking of 18:02.82.
- Samantha Nightingale (MO) and Maggie Montoya (AR) battled in the 3200m run with Nightingale pulling away over the final stretch to win 10:33.55 to 10:36.65.
- Lee's Summit West (MO) won the girls 4xMile relay with a time of 21:35.54.
- Zach Herriott (MO) won the boys 3200m run with a time of 9:17.15.
- Garrett Griffin (KS) won the boys javelin with a toss of 207-11.25.
Mt. Sac Relays, CA
- Long Beach Poly (CA) won the girls SHR with a US#2 All-Time clocking of 57.91.
- Alexis Faulknor (CA) won the girls long jump with a mark of 19-9.75.
- Traci Hicks (CA) won the girls 100H with a super-fast 13.22w.
- Rio Mesa (CA) won the boys 4x200m relay in 1:26.34 and the 4x400m relay in 3:16.42.
- Khalfani Muhammad (CA) won the boys 100m dash in 10.55 and the 200m dash in 21.32.
- Nick Hartle (Centennial NV) won the 800m dash with a 1:51.06 clocking. Hartle already is US#2 in 1:50.35.
- Centennial (NV) won the boys DMR with a US#1 time of 10:05.84.
- Sasha Wallace (CA) won the girls triple jump with a US#1 42-4.75.
- Redondo Union (CA) girls won the 4x1600m relay with a 20:01.38 clocking, a US#1 All-Time mark.
- Bernie Montoya (AZ) won the boys 1600m run with a US#1 4:07.72, uncorking a monster kick with 300m to go! Blake Haney was 2nd with a time of 4:10.48.
- Danny Martinez (CA) won the boys 3200m run with a solid 9:02.20 clocking.
- Marielle Mendoza won the girls 1600m run with a time of 4:51.98.
- Harvard Westlake (CA) girls won the 4x800m relay with a time of 9:08.69.
- Loyola (CA) won the boys 4x800m relay with a US#2 time of 7:44.35.
NY Relays, NY
- Mary Cain (Bronxville NY) blasted a 2:05.90 in the 800m run, winning by over 8 seconds!!
- Najee Glass (NJ) had a great double, winning the 400m dash in 46.76 and the 200m dash in 21.44.
- Kadecia Baird (NY) won the girls 200m dash with a quick 23.76 clocking.
- Benjamin Cardozo blasted a 4:02.72 to win the 1600m Sprint Medley Relay.
- St. Benedicts Prep (NJ) ran an impressive 3:25.26 in the SMR with Ed Cheserek splitting a 1:50.5 for the 800m leg. The 4x400m squad also won with a meet record time of 3:18.23 with Cheserek leading of in 50.5.
- Anthony Averett (Woodbury NJ) won the long jump with a US#1 leap of 25-02.5.
- Wesley Frazier just blasted a 4:45.82 for 1600m, winning by over 10 seconds!
- Gabby Williams (Reed NV) had a fantastic Saturday. Gabby won the HJ with a US#1 leap of 6-00 and won the 100H in 14:19 and the 300H in 44.30. She was also a part of Reed's winning 4x400m relay team with a time of 4:02.05.
Oregon Relays, OR
- Photo Album by Leo Collins
- Day Two Recap by Leo Collins
- Day One Recap by Leo Collins
- Watch the HS action LIVE here
- Watch the Collegiate/Pro action LIVE here
- Haley Crouser (OR) won the women's javelin throw against collegians with a toss of 164-11.
- Paige Rice won the girls 3000m run with a time of 9.55.30.
- Dan Oekerman (Beaverton) won the boys 3000m run with a time of 8:41.10.