* Issam Asinga (left) earned National Boys Performer Of The Week in week two for his 100m effort at Florida Relays; Simeon Birnbaum (right) secures a nomination in week three for his all-time 3,200m race at Arcadia.
- - -
Montverde Academy's (FL) Issam Asinga has gotten off to a historic start this outdoor season.
At the premiere Florida Relays last weekend, the recently-crowned indoor national 200m record holder posted one of the top times in U.S. high school outdoor history at 100m. He logged a wind-legal 10.10 (1.0) winning effort to move to US No. 6 all-time in the event.
Asinga now only sits a tenth of a second behind Trentavis Friday's national record of 10.00 from 2014.
And that all-time effort from Asinga earned him National Boys Performer Of The Week honors, earning 37-percent of the overall vote in the second poll of the outdoors season.
This week's poll features even more all-time performers as competitors surged up the rankings in the history books after a thrilling week of action on the track and in the field.
Continue below to vote for your National Boys Performer Of The Week from competitions held April 3 - 6.
Simeon Birnbaum, Rapid CIty Stevens (SD): Clocked a US No. 2 all-time 8:34.10 to win the 3,200m at the Arcadia Invitational. Birnbaum also smashed the meet and South Dakota records, as well as led three boys under 8:35 in the competitive field.
Issam Asinga, Montverde Academy (FL): Logged a US No. 2 all-time effort in the 200m with a wind-legal 20.11 (1.1) finish at the Hurricane Alumni Invitational, placing first among collegiate competition.
Dijon Stanley, Granada Hills Charter (CA): Became the first athlete to log a sub-46-second 400m effort this season with his 45.92 win at the Arcadia Invitational. That also moves him into the top 40 all-time in outdoors in the event.
Aaron Sahlman, Newbury Park (CA): Posted a season best and US No. 1 mark of 1:49.07 to win the 800m at the Arcadia Invitational.
Brian DiCola, Hatboro Horsham (PA): Surged into the national lead for the 1,600m with his 4:06.58 solo performance at the Jim Kelly Invitational.
David Wilson III, Hurst Bell (TX): Set a new US No. 1 mark in the shot put with his winning throw at the Texas 6A District 3 meet of 65-1.75.
Tyler Poole, Layton (UT): Won the discus at the Arcadia Invitational with a 192-6 throw, good for a nearly 10-foot PR and a US No. 3 ranking.
NPOTW Outdoor Season Winners:
NPOTW Indoor Season Winners:
- Week 1: Killian Fahy, Cuthbertson (NC)
- Week 2: Brody Buffington, Catoctin (MD)
- Week 3: Nicholas Frattina, Mount Olive (NJ)
- Week 4: Tinoda Matsatsa, St. Andrew's Episcopal (MD)
- Week 5: Charles Perry, UMS-Wright (AL)
- Week 6: Nyckoles Harbor, Archbishop Carroll (DC)
- Week 7: Quincy Wilson, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 8: Maxwell Hardin, Auburn (AL)
- Week 9: Xavier Donaldson, Seton Hall Prep (NJ)
- Week 10: Antwan Hughes Jr., Parkland (NC)
- Week 11: Broderick Davis, Scotlandville (LA)
- Week 12: Conor McFadden, Central Bucks West (PA)
- Week 13: Matthew Auble, Warsaw (NY)
- Week 14: Quincy Wilson, Bullis School (MD)
- Week 15: Austen Diggs, LC Express (TX)