* Adaejah Hodge opened up her outdoor season with a 11.18 in the 100m at FSU Relays
- - -
It was prevalent that Montverde Academy's (FL) Adaejah Hodge and Issam Asinga were going to be athletes to watch this spring season. Exactly two weeks ago, Hodge and Asinga broke the indoor national high school records in the 200m with 22.33 and 20.48 at New Balance Nationals Indoor.
This week marked the start of the outdoor season for them.
In Tallahassee for the FSU Relays, Hodge and Asinga won the titles in the 200m with 22.84 (+3.0) and 20.57 (+1.5) Friday evening.
Both of the nation's top sprinters continued to show their dominance in the 100m Saturday afternoon.
Hodge lined up and put together a No. 10 all-time wind-legal performance. The junior sprinted to an 11.18 (+1.9) for the title. Hodge was just .24 off the national record of 10.94 which was set by Briana Williams back in 2019.
Asinga made a similar statement as he stopped the clock at 10.06 (+3.1). Despite the windy conditions, the Texas A&M signee moved up to No. 13 for all-time under all conditions.
* Issam Asinga ran a No. 13 all-time all-conditons performance at FSU Relays on Saturday
- - -
- FSU Relays Results
- FSU Relays Race Videos
- FSU Relays Photos
- A Star-Making Moment: Issam Asinga Left The Best For Last
- Another One! Issam Asinga Smashes 200m Record At NBNI
- WATCH: Issam Asinga Debuts Outdoor Season With 20.57 At FSU
- MileSplit50: Our Final Top 50 Boys Indoor Ranking
- MileSplit50 Outdoor: Issam Asinga Moves To No. 1
- MileSpllit50 Outdoor: Adaejah Hodge Lands At No. 1 Spot